There are many punters in Ireland looking for an alternative, no only to traditional payment methods, like credit cards and bank transfers, but bitcoins. Crypto casinos are popping up all over the place. No wonder many players want to utilize the safety, efficiency, and, to be honest – cheapness, those cryptos have compared to standard payments. Litecoin has quickly proved to be one of the most popular alternatives, mostly because it is much more accessible than bitcoin.
Litecoin (LTC) was created in 2011 by Charlie Lee, a guy who worked at Google. He made it a peer-to-peer currency, with open-source code, released under the MIT/X11 license. We understand how this is of little to no interest for you, and you want to know how to play at litecoin online casinos, so make sure to keep reading. In this article, we have covered every topic there is about casino games with litecoin, deposits, withdrawals, and all the pros and cons.
Best Litecoin Casinos 2021
# Casino Bonus Play Review Games Deposit 1 €1000+150FS VegazCasino 5000+ 2 €400+200FS 7bitCasino 507+ 3 €500 + 100 FS Kosmonaut Casino 1655+ 4 €100 Fastpay 2504+ 5 €1000 + 100 FS CosmicSlot 3100+ 6 €1000 + 100 FS WildTornado 2978+ 7 20 Free Spins GoodWin Casino 1620+ 8 €300 22Bet 2986+ 9 €500 Winners Hall 3200+ 10 €300 Bet2U 1566+ 11 €300 + 100 FS GunsBet 1700+ 12 €2000+200FS Casoo 2719+ 13 €500+100FS KatsuBet 1800+ 14 €200+200FS BetChain 1584+ 15 100%+100 FS WebbySlot 500+ 16 €300+100FS Golden Star 1180+ 17 €2000+200FS Casino-X 800+ 18 €300 24K Casino 2500+ 19 €1000+50FS Surf Casino 2500+ 20 €2000+200FS Joycasino 945+ 21 €500+200FS Alf Casino 1658+ 22 €1000+100FS Lucky Days 1200+ 23 €2000 Casino Empire 438+ 24 €1000 Wager Free Wolfy Casino 3147+ 25 $900 + 150 FS iLucki 3600+ 26 €300+150FS Slotum 4700+ 27 €1000 + 100 FS Spin Away 632+ 28 €200 + 200 FS CasinoFriday 2000+ 29 €1300 KIM VEGAS CASINO 3809+ 30 €800 + 25 FS Agent Spins 92+ 31 €500+250 FS ZetCasino 2500+ 32 €1050+300FS Cobra Casino 2500+ 33 €200 + 10 FS Betmaster 2786+ 34 €300 BetPat 2000+
How to Use Litecoin in Online Casinos
Litecoin can be used at any online casino that accepts it, and the great news is how more and more brands declare themselves to be litecoin casino sites. Before you consider this payment method, keep in mind how it tends to be somewhat different from traditional payments. As always, we are ready to help, so keep reading.
How to Sign Up
Litecoin is not exactly a payment method such as a credit card or e-wallet, but a currency and payment method in one. Basically, there is no signup necessary in case you can mine your own litecoins. If you plan to exchange a fiat currency (EUR, USD or GBP), you will need an account on a crypto exchange. In both cases, your litecoins are stored in a crypto wallet. Many wallets are connected to exchanges, so storing litecoins is an automated and intuitive process.
Download the wallet mobile app, register according to instructions on the platform (this step may vary, but in most cases, simply fill out an online form and verifying account), and transfer your litecoins there.
Litecoin deposit casinos can be easily recognized. All you have to do is look for the Litecoin symbol somewhere on the website or search for it on the payment methods list. After you open your playing account, here is what to do:
- Head over to the Cashier section or click the “Deposit” button
- Choose litecoin as the payment method
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit
- Authorize the payment by scanning the QR code
- Alternatively, you can also manually verify the transaction
You played some litecoin slots, and now it’s about time to ask for a payout. The process is straightforward and requires the bare minimum of effort. Here are some basic steps that you need to make to get that money (please understand that the entire procedure might be slightly different, depending on your casino):
- Enter the Cashier section
- Choose “Withdrawal” (“Cash Out” and “Payout” are frequent terms as well)
- Type the amount you want to transfer
- Scan the QR code and verify the transaction with your litecoin key
- It is also possible to do this manually, by typing your crypto address
Please keep in mind that, even though litecoin as a payment method is very private, the casino will probably ask you for account verification. This step is necessary for the company to comply with all the AML and anti-terrorism laws and regulations. Thanks to verification, they can be 100% sure the money is going to the right hands and not in the hands of some scammer, only posing to be you.
Online casinos always determine the minimum deposit with litecoin. Usually, the amount required for litecoin transfers is no different from the amount needed for e-wallets, making them a solid alternative. The majority of online casinos that accept litecoin require a €10 or €20 deposit, and the amount you’ll pay in litecoins will depend on exchange rates on the day of deposit.
Additional Fee and Withdrawal Time
One of the best things about playing at litecoin casinos is that there are no additional fees and commissions involved. We have reviewed plenty of brands to say with certainty how litecoin deposits and withdrawals don’t carry any fees.
Also, withdrawals are incredibly fast, and after pending time (usually up to 24 hours), the money will be with you as soon as the withdrawal is approved.
Pros and Cons
Litecoin is a very popular cryptocurrency, but it is not flawless. To better understand what waits for you, we created a list that can help you grasp all pros and cons without much hassle.
- No fees – litecoin money transactions are completely fee-free, which means you can use all your winnings as you like, and not for paying different types of fees and commissions
- Short withdrawal times – after the pending time is over and the payment approved, the money should be with you almost instantly
- Privacy – as a cryptocurrency, litecoin doesn’t require any official personal information and allows you to keep your finances 100% private
- Requires a special wallet – to use litecoins, you will still have to find a solid crypto wallet to store your coins. This might discourage players who thought they won’t have to sign up with yet another service.
- Not many casino brands available – to find a litecoin live casino or crypto casino of any kind, for that matter, will require some effort, as the choice is minimal. The number of companies is constantly growing, but there are still not as many of them as traditional casinos.
Litecoin in Ireland
Cryptocurrencies are all the rage in Ireland, and Litecin is no exception. This popular currency has been around ever since the very beginning, mostly thanks to IT aficionados and Irish tech startups focused on it from day one. There are even special cafes and bars that accept pure cash or a credit card, but litecoin. Of course, this means that the price of your favourite cup of coffee or pint of beer will fluctuate, depending on the exchange, but hey – that is what the cryptos are all about! Unexpected rises and falls, increasing value and innovation.
Research obtained by The Irish Times in 2018 suggests how the number of Irish who use cryptos, including litecoin, increased fro 300% in only four years. Considering there have been more than three years since then, we can only predict how the number surpassed 120,000, the number of Irish who used cryptos in 2018. According to the same research, Litecoin was the second most popular crypto, with a 30% market share.
Currently, no law or regulation prohibits owning, using, or playing with litecoin in Ireland. Even though authorities have warned against a few crypto brands, litecoin was never one of them. It is generally considered one of the top cryptos in Ireland and is widely accepted as a payment method by both niche and mainstream companies.
If you are not convinced after all this, don’t worry. You can still use plenty of alternatives if you think litecoin won’t do for you. Allow us to introduce you to some valid alternatives that allow you easy and fast payments.
- Bitcoin – if litecoin sounds sketchy to you not that there is a real reason for it), you can always try and gamble with bitcoin the most popular crypto in the world! It shares all the same qualities as litecoin but is also far more popular and slightly more accessible than litecoins.
- e-Wallets – no matter what brand you choose, it’s hard to go wrong with e-wallets. Most of them are reliable and highly regulated and offer some additional benefits, litecoins simply can’t. For instance, all major e-wallets like Skrill will provide you with a debit card that can be used on all ATMs worldwide, as well as for direct payments at stores and vendors.
- Bank wire – ok, bank wire might be an oldie among payment methods, but it is still the most reliable and trustworthy of all. If you think the entire crypto thing is just plain shenanigans, use bank wire for somewhat slower but more reliable money transactions.
Top Litecoin Online Casinos
By now, you are probably wondering what casino to choose and which ones are the best in the industry. You can easily research on your own, or you can take a shot with some of the suggestions from our list below. All the brands we list are highly recommended and provide great casino entertainment. The only question is which one will speak to you and your needs.
- 7BitCasino – launched in 2014, this casino offers more than 600 games, including live dealers. It is so good, and it can even be considered the best litecoin casino online. Besides, it takes other cryptos and is among top ethereum casinos in our list! If you make a deposit, there will also be a pretty neat deal waiting for you – a special multi-tier welcome bonus package that brings you up to €400 in your new favourite crypto! The selection of games is simply impeccable, with popular releases such as Carnaval Forever, Wild Shark, and Raging Rex.
- CasinoBTC – this relatively new casino brand takes great pride in its gaming library with more than 400 titles, and new ones are added each day. The welcome package is available with the first five casinos and, when it all sums up, can bring you up to a €5,000 bonus! If you want to play at a generous casino, this is the one! Also, make sure not to miss out on some of the hottest casino games in the industry, including Book of Magic, Captain Shark, Burning stars, live casino, and table games such as blackjack, roulette, and baccarat.
- BetFlip – this casino brand has been around since 2019 and has quickly gathered a loyal following thanks to entertaining games and superior customer service. All players who make a deposit can get a 1 BTC bonus, plus 200 free spins. Furthermore, you can enjoy other promotions and weekly bonuses that make every day spent on this website even more fun. The gaming library includes some of the most prominent providers: Betsoft, Igrosoft, Playson, Spinmatic, to name a few, and different gaming genres and titles (both casino classics and new releases). Available on mobile and desktop, this is one of the best cross-device casinos available in Ireland.
- 1️⃣ Do all casinos accept litecoin?
- Unfortunately, not all casinos accept litecoin payments, but there are more of them each day. To find a casino that does, always look for the litecoin symbol in the Payments menu, or simply check our reviews.
- 2️⃣ How long do I have to wait for a litecoin withdrawal?
- Less than 24 hours after the payout has been approved. Every casino has a special set of withdrawal policies that determine how long it takes for the company to process the payment. Sometimes it’s on the same day, and sometimes it takes up to 72 hours. Before you sign up, make sure to ask the casino support how long it takes.
- 3️⃣ Are litecoin gaming sites legal?
- Yes, litecoin gaming sites can operate legally as long as they have a valid license. We always recommend playing with regulated brands as that means you get a higher level of customer protection, and generally speaking, have lower chances of encountering a scam.
- 4️⃣ What are the best litecoin casinos?
- In our opinion, the best casinos for litecoin gambling are BetFlip, CasinoBTC, and 7bitCasino. All of them are reputable, offer a great variety of games and titles, have excellent customer supports and platforms that are very easy to use, even for beginners.