Roulette is one of the oldest forms of gambling, dating back to the 1700s. It’s long been one of the most crowded tables in a land-based casino, so it’s no surprise that online roulette went on to be a resounding success. Playing online roulette for real money is fun and exciting, made even more realistic by creating live casino options.
With so many real money roulette sites to choose from, the hardest part is knowing where the best place to play is. That’s where we come in; IrishCasinoHEX is here to make the process of finding the best online roulette sites easier. We have looked closely at online casinos in Ireland and shortlisted the best places to play roulette online for real money.
On this page, not only do we give you those options, but we cover our review criteria and everything you need to know about Roulette itself. We also answer some of the most frequently asked questions about roulette casino sites. Keep reading to find out more.
Best Sites to Play Online Roulette for Real Money
|€100||Read Review||Bizzo Casino||1668+|
|€450 + 150 FS||Read Review||Zoome Casino||1000+|
Rolling Slots Casino
|€500 + 100 FS||Read Review||Rolling Slots Casino||2395+|
|€2000 + 100FS||Read Review||YOJU Casino||4000+|
|€500 + 200 FS||Read Review||Casinoly||4269+|
|€2000||Read Review||Dreams Casino||164+|
|€150 + 60 FS||Read Review||Slotman Casino||3500+|
Rich Palms Casino
|400% Exclusive||Read Review||Rich Palms Casino||200+|
|€1000||Read Review||24VIP Casino||150+|
How We Find and Review Roulette Casinos
Our thorough review process is one of the main reasons why so many Irish players trust us. Each casino is investigated using a strict set of criteria, and only the very highest scorers earn a place in our list. Our team of experts has years of experience and knows what goes into the best online roulette casino. Here is a sneak peek of what we look for:
- Licensing – Each casino needs to have an active gambling license from The Malta Gaming Authority, The UK Gambling Commission, or the Curacao Gambling Board. The very first thing we do in our review process is to check the type of license and that the license is valid. These licenses ensure that a casino site is safe and brands are subject to regular audits and checks for fairness and security. An unlicensed casino can be dangerous, and so you will never find one listed on our site, and we highly recommend that you avoid them.
- Roulette and Other Games – To be listed as one of the best online roulette sites, a casino needs to have a wide selection of roulette options. Therefore, we check for different roulette variations, including European, American, French, and others. We also expect to see live roulette as an option for Irish players. As well as roulette, any good online casino should have a selection of other games in case you want to try something different.
- Bonuses – The best online roulette casino will have a fantastic welcome bonus to entice new players. The best bonus type for roulette players is a deposit match, as it is a quick and easy way to double your balance. You may also get a completely free casino bonus or some free spins to use on slots. As well as a generous welcome bonus, we ensure that regular players are well rewarded for their loyalty. This is usually in the form of regular bonuses like cashback or more deposit matches.
- Payment Methods – There should be plenty of payment methods available to suit every type of player. For example, some prefer traditional card or bank transfer payments, whereas others like the more modern E-Wallets like Neteller and Skrill. Regardless of preferences, roulette casino sites should provide plenty of options. We also assess the withdrawal process and average payout times to ensure that they are reasonable and players aren’t left waiting around.
- Mobile Gaming – Playing online roulette for real money shouldn’t require a computer or a laptop. The roulette casino sites that we recommend can be enjoyed on the go, on any device. We test Android, IOS, Windows, macOS, and other operating systems to ensure everybody has the same great experience. Of course, the roulette game options need to be fast-loading and well-optimised for mobile devices.
How to Play Roulette Online for Real Money
Don’t worry if you’re new to playing roulette online; we have created a step-by-step guide to get you started. Here’s how to play roulette online for real money:
- Firstly, you need to decide where to play. There are many options, so the easiest thing is to use a site like Irish Casino Hex, where all of the work has been done for you. If you’re finding it hard to choose between our list of the best online roulette sites, consider things like the size of the welcome bonus and the selection of payment methods. Once you’ve made your mind up, simply click ‘visit’ to go straight there.
- To create an account, the casino will ask you for some personal information. You will need to provide your name, address, date of birth and contact information such as an email address and phone number. This is all used to verify your identity. Once this is complete, you will also be asked to create a memorable username and password. Again, make this something secure to prevent any security issues further down the line.
- After registration, you will be prompted to accept the welcome bonus. Read and understand the terms and conditions first to be clear on what you need to do to qualify for the offer. If there are multiple welcome bonuses to choose from, select the best suited to your preferences and playing style.
- Now that your account is open and you’ve chosen a welcome bonus, it’s time to add some funds. First, find the ‘banking’ or ‘wallet’ option within your account, select a payment method and enter your details. This will be a card number for Visa and Mastercard or a username and password for an E-Wallet. Next, choose how much you want to spend and click ‘deposit’ to load your funds.
- Now it’s time to play roulette online for money. Head over to the games section and filter by table games, or search for roulette. You will then see all of the different roulette variations available. Simply click ‘play’ to launch the game and start spinning. If you are joining a live roulette game, you may need to wait until the current round is over before you can join.
High Stakes vs Low Stakes Real Cash Roulette
One of the many things that makes online roulette so popular is its suitability for every player. It doesn’t matter if you have a huge balance and like to play with high stakes or a small balance and prefer something lower-risk.
The key difference between high stakes and low stakes roulette is the minimum, and maximum spend on the table. Low stakes real money roulette can begin at as little as €0.20 per number, with a minimum spend of €1 per spin. Landing a number with a €0.20 bet returns €7.40 in standard roulette, more than enough to keep a low-stakes player going for a while.
High stakes roulette means the risks are much higher, but so is the reward. The limits can vary greatly by casino, but the minimum is likely to be at least €10 per number. This will return €370 for each winning number. Whether you play low or high stakes roulette will depend on your disposable income and how much you want to spend, but the principle of the game is the same.
Real Money Roulette Variations
There are several different types of real money roulette, each of which has its own rules and even its own wheel in some cases. Here’s a breakdown of the most popular real money roulette variations:
European Roulette is regarded as the standard way to play. It has 36 numbers, red and black, and a green zero, bringing the total to 37. You can bet straight up on specific numbers, split between numbers or bet on the number being red or black. There are other betting options, too, including odd or even numbers or specific columns of numbers.
American Roulette is almost identical to European Roulette, but there’s one key difference. The American Roulette wheel has a double 0, in addition to the standard 0. This means that there are now 38 different places for the ball to land. As a result, American Roulette has a higher house edge for this reason.
French Roulette is popular with players that like a bit of extra edge. Again, the configuration is similar to European and American options, but French Roulette will give you half of your stake back if the 0 lands.
Random Number Generator (RNG) roulette describes the large majority of online roulette games. These are computerised and powered by a random algorithm that determines the outcome of each spin. It’s like playing against a computer instead of a real dealer in a casino environment.
Live Roulette allows players to watch the game unfold in real-time. Bets are placed as usual, but the dealer will spin the wheel, and the outcome is determined in a real casino environment. This is quickly becoming the most popular way to play online roulette for cash.
Claiming Online Roulette Bonus
The bonuses available are a big perk to playing online roulette. They come in many different shapes and sizes, but here’s a breakdown of the most common roulette bonuses:
- Deposit match – A deposit match will reward you with a 100% bonus on your deposit. For example, if you deposit €100, you will be able to play with €200. There are terms and conditions involved, but these bonuses tend to be of the highest value and are particularly popular amongst table game lovers.
- Cashback – Cashback is like insurance. A cashback bonus will give players a percentage of their losses back, usually weekly. You can play roulette for real money, knowing that if you’re unlucky, you’ll get something back. This bonus type is often given as a loyalty reward.
- Free bonuses – They are harder to find, but they do exist. A free bonus will be given upon registration and require absolutely no spending from the player. This is a great way to get a feel for the site and try some new roulette variations.
Playing Real Money Roulette on Mobile
With more players opting to gamble on mobile, online casinos had to ensure their sites were properly optimised. This includes optimising the most popular games too, like roulette. Once upon a time, players could only choose a handful of mobile sites to play roulette for real money, but that has changed. Now, most online casinos have a mobile-first attitude. The development of HTML5 and other mobile technology means that roulette works seamlessly on all mobile devices and screen sizes. There really is no difference; you can enjoy the very same roulette experience whether on mobile, desktop or tablet.
Live Roulette for Real Money
Live casino is still a relatively new thing. Although it’s been around for some time, it began as something quite small and with many limitations. Recently, due to its popularity, the live casino platform has grown exponentially, with live roulette leading the way. It’s the only way to bring the real casino experience to you, without actually having to be there.
Created using smart and powerful technology, the live casino platform combines both digital and real-life aspects to provide players with the ultimate way to play. You choose your numbers and place your bets on your device, then you watch as the dealer spins the wheel and reveals the outcome of the round. You can interact with the dealer and other players for a great social experience too. This is a fantastic way to play online roulette for real cash.
Online Roulette Software Providers
There are many software providers behind online roulette. Because of its popularity, it’s a game type that every company wants to have in its portfolio. Some do it better than others, though. Here are the biggest online roulette software providers:
Microgaming developer has a vast portfolio of games, including tables and slots. It is one of the oldest casino software companies and one of the first to develop online roulette. They have European, French and American Roulette, as well as low and high stake options.
Evolution Gaming software has been at the forefront of the live casino boom, producing a huge selection of live casino games, including roulette. Evolution is one of the biggest software providers in the world of online casinos and has some of the very best roulette games for players to choose from.
Playtech is considered one of the more traditional software providers, mainly producing table games and never really diversifying into slots or other game types. However, this means that Playtech has perfected the craft of online roulette and draws in some of the biggest player numbers.
Is it legal to play roulette for real money in Ireland?
- Yes, online gambling is legal in Ireland and therefore playing roulette for real money is too. You are not breaking any laws as long as you are over 18 and have created the account using your details. Just remember to always opt for licensed online casinos so that your personal and financial information is secure at all times.
Can I set limits on roulette casino sites?
- Yes. Responsible gambling is essential, and Irish roulette players can benefit from using different tools to stay in control. For example, you can opt to set deposit limits, game duration limits, or a timeout period within the account section. If you’re worried about gambling addiction, you can even self exclude entirely.
Is online roulette gambling fair, or is it rigged?
- Both RNG and live roulette are completely fair, so long as they are played at a licensed casino site. These casinos are tested regularly to ensure that everything is completely random, and they cannot control the outcome of any game. Non-licensed casinos are not subject to the same rules.
How many roulette casino sites can I join?
- The good news is that you can join as many roulette sites as you like and make the most of the welcome bonuses. There is no limit as to how many websites you can create an account with, and you are not breaking any laws by doing so. We actually encourage it, as it’s the only way to benefit from multiple welcome bonuses.
Which type of online roulette is best?
- Most players opt for the standard configuration, also known as European Roulette. But which you decide to play depends on several factors, including your bet type, stake size, and simply what you’re used to. Just be sure to understand the rules of each roulette variation before you play.
What should I look for in a roulette bonus?
- You should always go for the biggest and most generous bonus, but it’s not always easy to identify. The terms and conditions can make a big difference. The most important thing to look out for is the wagering requirements, which dictates how many times a bonus has to be played before winnings can be withdrawn. The fairness of the wagering depends on the size of the bonus, but anything above 40x wagering should be avoided.