Roulette is one of the oldest forms of gambling, dating back to the 1700s. It’s long been one of the most crowded tables in a land-based casino, so it’s no surprise that online roulette went on to be a resounding success. Playing online roulette for real money is fun and exciting, made even more realistic by creating live casino options.
With so many real money roulette sites to choose from, the hardest part is knowing where the best place to play is. That’s where we come in; IrishCasinoHEX is here to make the process of finding the best online roulette sites easier. We have looked closely at online casinos in Ireland and shortlisted the best places to play roulette online for real money.
On this page, not only do we give you those options, but we cover our review criteria and everything you need to know about Roulette itself. We also answer some of the most frequently asked questions about roulette casino sites. Keep reading to find out more.
Best Sites to Play Online Roulette for Real Money
# Casino Bonus Play Review Games Deposit 1 €1000 24VIP Casino 150+ 2 €2500 888Tiger Casino 180+ 3 €2500+40FS El Royale Casino 178+ 4 €400+200FS 7bitCasino 507+ 5 400% Exclusive Rich Palms Casino 200+ 6 €4500 + 250 FS Gallo Casino 2893+ 7 €4000 Lucky Red Casino 160+ 8 225% + 50 FS Aussieplay Casino 178+ 9 €2000 True Fortune Casino 250+ 10 €1000+150FS VegazCasino 5000+ 11 Exclusive €250 Bonus Cyber.bet Casino 909+ 12 €1500+150FS Playzee Casino 1172+ 13 €300 + 150 FS Playamo Casino 3000+ 14 €1200+260FS Captain Spins Casino 1300+ 15 €1600 Jackpot City Casino 370+ 16 €1000 + 150FS Casino Rocket 2000+ 17 €500 + 100 FS Kosmonaut Casino 1655+ 18 €100 Fastpay Casino 2504+ 19 €1000 + 100 FS Jonny Jackpot Casino 1300+ 20 €1000 Genesis Casino 670+ 21 €300 Hyper Casino 400+ 22 €500+20FS Mr Play Casino 400+ 23 €1000 + 100 FS WildTornado Casino 2978+ 24 €750 + 75 FS Emojino Casino 1000+ 25 €1100+375FS CasiGo Casino 1243+ 26 €1000 + 100 FS CosmicSlot Casino 3100+ 27 €500+200FS King Billy Casino 3500+ 28 80 Free Spins PlayOJO Casino 1200+ 29 €200 Videoslots.com Casino 1420+ 30 €1000 + 100 FS CasinoREX 2000+ 31 €25 Risk-Free Scatters Casino 1800+ 32 €1300 + 250 FS SKOL Casino 2200+ 33 €50 + 100 FS Fruitkings Casino 324+ 34 250% + 125 FS Booi Casino 2076+ 35 €300 + 100 FS Wheelz Casino 3000+ 36 €200 +100 FS WestCasino 230+ 37 €300+160FS SlotoTop Casino 1100+ 38 €333 + 99 FS Maneki Casino 3100+ 39 300% Lady Linda Casino 1700+ 40 500 FS Amazon Slots Casino 800+ 41 €350 Bethard Casino 800+ 42 €200 Unibet Casino 570+ 43 €150 32Red Casino 178+ 44 €500 + 225 FS Playfortuna Casino 1500+ 45 £1250 + 200 FS SlotNite Casino 2200+ 46 500 FS + 20% Cashback SpinHill Casino 230+ 47 100% up to €100 Noxwin Casino 1149+ 48 £50 Gala Bingo Casino 121+ 49 €5000 Mansion Casino 210+ 50 €1500 1xbet Casino 1235+ 51 €300 + 100 Free Spins Pocketplay Casino 2000+ 52 €200 + 100 FS Arcanebet Casino 2600+ 53 €1500 + 150 FS Gate 777 Casino 522+ 54 100%+100 FS WebbySlot Casino 500+ 55 €425 Dublinbet Casino 550+ 56 €200+200FS BetChain Casino 1584+ 57 Cashback 20% Crazy Fox Casino 1500+ 58 €500+100FS KatsuBet Casino 1800+ 59 Up to €3000 Bitkingz Casino 3500+ 60 €5 No Deposit Betzest Casino 1600+ 61 €2000+200FS Casoo Casino 2719+ 62 €800 + 100 FS Regent Casino 400+ 63 €7500 Superiorcasino 180+ 64 €300 24K Casino 2500+ 65 €200+50FS CK Casino 180+ 66 €300+100FS EuSlot Casino 2243+ 67 €100 + 100 FS Highroller Casino 473+ 68 €400 The Sun Play Casino 350+ 69 €1000+50FS Surf Casino 2500+ 70 $900 CashCabin Casino 2000+ 71 €500 Boss Casino 478+ 72 €550 + 200 Free Spins Abo Casino 1894+ 73 €1000 + 100 FS Megarush Casino 486+ 74 €500 Ultra Casino 400+ 75 €2000+200FS Joycasino 945+ 76 €300 + 100 FS GunsBet Casino 1700+ 77 €200 + 21 FS Casino Dome 840+ 78 €1200+100FS LOKI Casino 500+ 79 €2000+200FS Casino-X 800+ 80 €300+100FS Golden Star Casino 1180+ 81 €1000+150FS Boo Casino 1045+ 82 €300 Bet2U Casino 1566+ 83 €200 RembrandtCasino 436+ 84 €1200 Casinonic 1200+ 85 €240+24FS 24Bettle Casino 600+ 86 20 Free Spins GoodWin Casino 1620+ 87 €1500+25FS All Wins Casino 552+ 88 €200 Mr Slot Casino 322+ 89 €300 BetPat Casino 2000+ 90 €250+100FS B-Bets Casino 400+ 91 €500+500FS Big5 Casino 450+ 92 €500+100FS Playluck Casino 800+ 93 €200+100FS Karamba Casino 300+ 94 €100 Redbet Casino 600+ 95 €500+200FS Alf Casino 1658+ 96 €200 Sin Spins Casino 320+ 97 €1500+150FS JVspin Casino 2500+ 98 €500 Winners Hall Casino 3200+ 99 €500 Times Square Casino 482+ 100 €2000+100%CB AllCashBack Casino 500+ 101 €300 22Bet Casino 2986+ 102 €1000 + 170 FS Viggoslots Casino 700+ 103 €500+250FS Royal Rabbit Casino 2500+ 104 €100 Betworld Casino 425+ 105 €400+200FS Casino.com 250+ 106 €1500+300FS Casino Lab 1520+ 107 €100+10FS Mobile Wins Casino 500+ 108 €1000 + 200 FS Queenplay Casino 772+ 109 €500 + 150 FS Winfest Casino 1500+ 110 €2000 Lord Of The Spins Casino 470+ 111 $2500 Richprize Casino 2000+ 112 €5000+50FS Casimba Casino 497+ 113 €750 Ruby Fortune Casino 450+ 114 €500+250 FS ZetCasino 2500+ 115 €1000 + 100 FS Spin Away Casino 632+ 116 €500 + 200 FS LightCasino 1120+ 117 €1000 + 200 FS Luckland Casino 400+ 118 €1200 Queenspins Casino 2200+ 119 €1000 + 1000 FS 21.com Casino 450+ 120 €200 + 200 FS CasinoFriday 2000+ 121 10 FS Blighty Bingo Casino 300+ 122 10 FS YayBingo Casino 300+ 123 10 FS CrackerBingo Casino 50+ 124 €1300 KIM VEGAS CASINO 3809+ 125 €100+20FS The Online Casino 450+ 126 €1200 + 100 FS bCasino 58+ 127 €50 Eurolotto Casino 350+ 128 €800 + 25 FS Agent Spins Casino 92+ 129 €1050+300FS Cobra Casino 2500+ 130 €200 + 100 FS GreenPlay Casino 792+ 131 €500 ArgoCasino 1800+ 132 €1000+1000FS LVbet Casino 1100+ 133 €1500 777 Casino 111+ 134 €100 + 25 FS 10Bet Casino 300+ 135 €100 + 120 FS Dunder Casino 900+ 136 €500 Party Casino 223+ 137 €200 ZigZag777 Casino 1272+ 138 €300+20FS Ivi Casino 1734+ 139 €200 + 10 FS Betmaster Casino 2786+ 140 €1000 + 50 FS Royal Panda Casino 595+ 141 €1000 + 100FS Mad About Slots Casino 600+ 142 €88 No Deposit 888 Casino 120+ 143 £40 Sun Bingo Casino 150+ 144 €7 No Deposit Gratorama Casino 51+ 145 €1000 RANT Casino 678+ 146 €300+150FS Slotum Casino 4700+ 147 €300+20FS Casumo Casino 1835+ 148 €500 Temple Nile Casino 855+ 149 €1500+100FS The Grand Ivy Casino 504+ 150 €150+150FS BETITON Casino 1000+ 151 €100 + 25 FS PlayToro Casino 3500+ 152 €500+50FS GDay Casino 448+ 153 €300 + 150FS Bao Casino 1397+ 154 €200+50FS Mason Slots Casino 2200+ 155 €100+100FS Guts Casino 500+ 156 €3000+50FS Spinland Casino 500+ 157 €2000 Casino Empire 438+ 158 €200 Yaa Casino 2500+ 159 €1000+200FS Casino Cruise 1000+ 160 €1000 CasinoBTC 400+ 161 €1000 Spin Palace Casino 450+ 162 €1000+100FS Lucky Days Casino 1200+ 163 €1000 Wager Free Wolfy Casino 3147+ 164 £200 + 100 FS HeySpin Casino 663+ 165 €200 CasinoSieger 700+ 166 10% CashBack No Bonus Casino 520+ 167 Daily Rewards Nitro Casino 1200+ 168 €300 Betway Casino 380+ 169 $900 + 150 FS iLucki Casino 3600+ 170 €500 + 100 FS Cadabrus Casino 1500+ 171 €1000+100FS CasinoRoom 650+ 172 €1000+150FS True Flip Casino 1361+ 173 €100 + 25 FS Playjango Casino 115+ 174 €500+150FS Konung Casino 3844+ 175 €1000+300 FS Leo Vegas Casino 965+ 176 €100+300FS Chanz Casino 400+ 177 €500 Wildblaster Casino 1641+ 178 100 Free Spins Mr.Green Casino 300+ 179 €100 + 200 FS Slots Heaven Casino 275+ 180 €100 + 20 FS Hippozino Casino 650+ 181 N/A BoyleSports Casino 215+
How We Find and Review Roulette Casinos
Our thorough review process is one of the main reasons why so many Irish players trust us. Each casino is investigated using a strict set of criteria, and only the very highest scorers earn a place in our list. Our team of experts has years of experience and knows what goes into the best online roulette casino. Here is a sneak peek of what we look for:
- Licensing – Each casino needs to have an active gambling license from The Malta Gaming Authority, The UK Gambling Commission, or the Curacao Gambling Board. The very first thing we do in our review process is to check the type of license and that the license is valid. These licenses ensure that a casino site is safe and brands are subject to regular audits and checks for fairness and security. An unlicensed casino can be dangerous, and so you will never find one listed on our site, and we highly recommend that you avoid them.
- Roulette and Other Games – To be listed as one of the best online roulette sites, a casino needs to have a wide selection of roulette options. Therefore, we check for different roulette variations, including European, American, French, and others. We also expect to see live roulette as an option for Irish players. As well as roulette, any good online casino should have a selection of other games in case you want to try something different.
- Bonuses – The best online roulette casino will have a fantastic welcome bonus to entice new players. The best bonus type for roulette players is a deposit match, as it is a quick and easy way to double your balance. You may also get a completely free casino bonus or some free spins to use on slots. As well as a generous welcome bonus, we ensure that regular players are well rewarded for their loyalty. This is usually in the form of regular bonuses like cashback or more deposit matches.
- Payment Methods – There should be plenty of payment methods available to suit every type of player. For example, some prefer traditional card or bank transfer payments, whereas others like the more modern E-Wallets like Neteller and Skrill. Regardless of preferences, roulette casino sites should provide plenty of options. We also assess the withdrawal process and average payout times to ensure that they are reasonable and players aren’t left waiting around.
- Mobile Gaming – Playing online roulette for real money shouldn’t require a computer or a laptop. The roulette casino sites that we recommend can be enjoyed on the go, on any device. We test Android, IOS, Windows, macOS, and other operating systems to ensure everybody has the same great experience. Of course, the roulette game options need to be fast-loading and well-optimised for mobile devices.
How to Play Roulette Online for Real Money
Don’t worry if you’re new to playing roulette online; we have created a step-by-step guide to get you started. Here’s how to play roulette online for real money:
- Firstly, you need to decide where to play. There are many options, so the easiest thing is to use a site like Irish Casino Hex, where all of the work has been done for you. If you’re finding it hard to choose between our list of the best online roulette sites, consider things like the size of the welcome bonus and the selection of payment methods. Once you’ve made your mind up, simply click ‘visit’ to go straight there.
- To create an account, the casino will ask you for some personal information. You will need to provide your name, address, date of birth and contact information such as an email address and phone number. This is all used to verify your identity. Once this is complete, you will also be asked to create a memorable username and password. Again, make this something secure to prevent any security issues further down the line.
- After registration, you will be prompted to accept the welcome bonus. Read and understand the terms and conditions first to be clear on what you need to do to qualify for the offer. If there are multiple welcome bonuses to choose from, select the best suited to your preferences and playing style.
- Now that your account is open and you’ve chosen a welcome bonus, it’s time to add some funds. First, find the ‘banking’ or ‘wallet’ option within your account, select a payment method and enter your details. This will be a card number for Visa and Mastercard or a username and password for an E-Wallet. Next, choose how much you want to spend and click ‘deposit’ to load your funds.
- Now it’s time to play roulette online for money. Head over to the games section and filter by table games, or search for roulette. You will then see all of the different roulette variations available. Simply click ‘play’ to launch the game and start spinning. If you are joining a live roulette game, you may need to wait until the current round is over before you can join.
High Stakes vs Low Stakes Real Cash Roulette
One of the many things that makes online roulette so popular is its suitability for every player. It doesn’t matter if you have a huge balance and like to play with high stakes or a small balance and prefer something lower-risk.
The key difference between high stakes and low stakes roulette is the minimum, and maximum spend on the table. Low stakes real money roulette can begin at as little as €0.20 per number, with a minimum spend of €1 per spin. Landing a number with a €0.20 bet returns €7.40 in standard roulette, more than enough to keep a low-stakes player going for a while.
High stakes roulette means the risks are much higher, but so is the reward. The limits can vary greatly by casino, but the minimum is likely to be at least €10 per number. This will return €370 for each winning number. Whether you play low or high stakes roulette will depend on your disposable income and how much you want to spend, but the principle of the game is the same.
Real Money Roulette Variations
There are several different types of real money roulette, each of which has its own rules and even its own wheel in some cases. Here’s a breakdown of the most popular real money roulette variations:
European Roulette is regarded as the standard way to play. It has 36 numbers, red and black, and a green zero, bringing the total to 37. You can bet straight up on specific numbers, split between numbers or bet on the number being red or black. There are other betting options, too, including odd or even numbers or specific columns of numbers.
American Roulette is almost identical to European Roulette, but there’s one key difference. The American Roulette wheel has a double 0, in addition to the standard 0. This means that there are now 38 different places for the ball to land. As a result, American Roulette has a higher house edge for this reason.
French Roulette is popular with players that like a bit of extra edge. Again, the configuration is similar to European and American options, but French Roulette will give you half of your stake back if the 0 lands.
Random Number Generator (RNG) roulette describes the large majority of online roulette games. These are computerised and powered by a random algorithm that determines the outcome of each spin. It’s like playing against a computer instead of a real dealer in a casino environment.
Live Roulette allows players to watch the game unfold in real-time. Bets are placed as usual, but the dealer will spin the wheel, and the outcome is determined in a real casino environment. This is quickly becoming the most popular way to play online roulette for cash.
Claiming Online Roulette Bonus
The bonuses available are a big perk to playing online roulette. They come in many different shapes and sizes, but here’s a breakdown of the most common roulette bonuses:
- Deposit match – A deposit match will reward you with a 100% bonus on your deposit. For example, if you deposit €100, you will be able to play with €200. There are terms and conditions involved, but these bonuses tend to be of the highest value and are particularly popular amongst table game lovers.
- Cashback – Cashback is like insurance. A cashback bonus will give players a percentage of their losses back, usually weekly. You can play roulette for real money, knowing that if you’re unlucky, you’ll get something back. This bonus type is often given as a loyalty reward.
- Free bonuses – They are harder to find, but they do exist. A free bonus will be given upon registration and require absolutely no spending from the player. This is a great way to get a feel for the site and try some new roulette variations.
Playing Real Money Roulette on Mobile
With more players opting to gamble on mobile, online casinos had to ensure their sites were properly optimised. This includes optimising the most popular games too, like roulette. Once upon a time, players could only choose a handful of mobile sites to play roulette for real money, but that has changed.
Now, most online casinos have a mobile-first attitude. The development of HTML5 and other mobile technology means that roulette works seamlessly on all mobile devices and screen sizes. There really is no difference; you can enjoy the very same roulette experience whether on mobile, desktop or tablet.
Live Roulette for Real Money
Live casino is still a relatively new thing. Although it’s been around for some time, it began as something quite small and with many limitations. Recently, due to its popularity, the live casino platform has grown exponentially, with live roulette leading the way. It’s the only way to bring the real casino experience to you, without actually having to be there.
Created using smart and powerful technology, the live casino platform combines both digital and real-life aspects to provide players with the ultimate way to play. You choose your numbers and place your bets on your device, then you watch as the dealer spins the wheel and reveals the outcome of the round. You can interact with the dealer and other players for a great social experience too. This is a fantastic way to play online roulette for real cash.
Online Roulette Software Providers
There are many software providers behind online roulette. Because of its popularity, it’s a game type that every company wants to have in its portfolio. Some do it better than others, though. Here are the biggest online roulette software providers:
Microgaming developer has a vast portfolio of games, including tables and slots. It is one of the oldest casino software companies and one of the first to develop online roulette. They have European, French and American Roulette, as well as low and high stake options.
Evolution Gaming software has been at the forefront of the live casino boom, producing a huge selection of live casino games, including roulette. Evolution is one of the biggest software providers in the world of online casinos and has some of the very best roulette games for players to choose from.
Playtech is considered one of the more traditional software providers, mainly producing table games and never really diversifying into slots or other game types. However, this means that Playtech has perfected the craft of online roulette and draws in some of the biggest player numbers.
- Is it legal to play roulette for real money in Ireland?
- Yes, online gambling is legal in Ireland and therefore playing roulette for real money is too. You are not breaking any laws as long as you are over 18 and have created the account using your details. Just remember to always opt for licensed online casinos so that your personal and financial information is secure at all times.
- Can I set limits on roulette casino sites?
- Yes. Responsible gambling is essential, and Irish roulette players can benefit from using different tools to stay in control. For example, you can opt to set deposit limits, game duration limits, or a timeout period within the account section. If you’re worried about gambling addiction, you can even self exclude entirely.
- Is online roulette gambling fair, or is it rigged?
- Both RNG and live roulette are completely fair, so long as they are played at a licensed casino site. These casinos are tested regularly to ensure that everything is completely random, and they cannot control the outcome of any game. Non-licensed casinos are not subject to the same rules.
- How many roulette casino sites can I join?
- The good news is that you can join as many roulette sites as you like and make the most of the welcome bonuses. There is no limit as to how many websites you can create an account with, and you are not breaking any laws by doing so. We actually encourage it, as it’s the only way to benefit from multiple welcome bonuses.
- Which type of online roulette is best?
- Most players opt for the standard configuration, also known as European Roulette. But which you decide to play depends on several factors, including your bet type, stake size, and simply what you’re used to. Just be sure to understand the rules of each roulette variation before you play.
- What should I look for in a roulette bonus?
- You should always go for the biggest and most generous bonus, but it’s not always easy to identify. The terms and conditions can make a big difference. The most important thing to look out for is the wagering requirements, which dictates how many times a bonus has to be played before winnings can be withdrawn. The fairness of the wagering depends on the size of the bonus, but anything above 40x wagering should be avoided.