Cryptocurrencies are one of the hottest payment methods not only at certain land-based establishments, bars, and restaurants but online as well. And one of the most used and well-renowned is Ethereum. Unlike its popular counterpart, bitcoin, Ethereum is usually considered less volatile, more stable, and reliable. The technology behind it is used even by mainstream payment companies like Visa. But what about ethereum online casinos?
Are there any, and how can you find the really good ones, the ones that won’t make you break the bank and lose all the money because of impossible withdrawal conditions?
Lucky for you, you have just opened the most useful online article about how to find a solid ethereum online casino. We bring you everything about registration, deposits, withdrawals, fees, and even some suggestions on the biggest brands with the best deals!
Best Ethereum Casinos 2021
|€500 + 100 FS||Kosmonaut Casino||1655+|
|€1000 + 100 FS||CosmicSlot||3100+|
|€1000 + 100 FS||WildTornado||2978+|
|20 Free Spins||GoodWin Casino||1620+|
|€300 + 100 FS||GunsBet||1700+|
|€1000 Wager Free||Wolfy Casino||3147+|
|$900 + 150 FS||iLucki||3600+|
|€1000 + 100 FS||Spin Away||632+|
|€200 + 200 FS||CasinoFriday||2000+|
KIM VEGAS CASINO
|€1300||KIM VEGAS CASINO||3809+|
|€800 + 25 FS||Agent Spins||92+|
|€200 + 10 FS||Betmaster||2786+|
How to Use Ethereum in Online Casinos
Ethereum is not just another currency like EUR or GDP because it doesn’t have a physical form. It is only digital, but the great news is how all ethereum deposit casinos will treat fiat currencies equally. But what does this mean for you? First and foremost, playing without any restrictions! As long as a casino accepts ethereum, you can place bets and play games without any fuss or worries that your favourite slot might not be supported. Second, there are no conversion rates applied. You deposit in ethereum, play in ethereum, and withdraw in the same crypto! In the part that follows, we will introduce you to playing at online casinos with ethereum.
How to Sign Up?
Let’s set the record straight – ethereum is not a payment method per se, but a currency (digital, but currency nonetheless). For this reason, there is no traditional signup, like there would be if you used Skrill, e.g. Still, keep in mind that if you plan on buying some ethereum, you will also need a crypto wallet. Crypto wallets are essentially your crypto bank account. Furthermore, unless you plan to mine some ETH, be ready to buy them for EUR or GDP on crypto exchanges.
Once you have some money in your crypto wallet, you can easily start having fun and enjoy ethereum gambling to the max.
But how do you get your hands on these popular coins? Well, there are two ways to get some cryptos into your wallet, and we already mentioned them, but let’s discuss them in more details:
- Mining – essentially, you participate in the open-source blockchain technologies and algorithms, and your actions in data mining are rewarded with fragments of ETH. For this, you will need a lot of time, and many computers, even supercomputers, as the competition gets bigger each day, and miners get fewer and fewer fragments.
- Crypto exchanges – you use the fiat currency of your choice (EUR, USD, GBP) to purchase ETH on a special platform. In this case, someone already did all the hard work, and as soon as you purchase your cryptos, you can join online casinos that accept ethereum.
Now, this is where things get easy. Choose your ethereum casino, and sign up by filling the online form. Verify your account if necessary and proceed to make a deposit. Choose ethereum from the list of available methods, enter the deposit amount, and then:
- Either scan the QR code, verify with your wallet key and see money transferred to your account, or
- type your crypto address and approve with your key. Considering the crypto addresses seem to be a tad bit more complicated than expected, we suggest using the QR scanner as the easiest method.
When you are done with playing gambling games with ethereum, you will want to ask for a payout. The withdrawal process with this crypto is no different than with any other method.
- Visit the cashier section (sometimes known as Payments, or Banking)
- Choose Withdrawal from the menu (Payout and Cash-out are also common terms)
- Find ethereum on the list of available methods
- Simply enter the withdrawal amount
- Submit the request
- Scan the QR code and verify the transaction
Of course, depending on the website you choose, you might even have to verify your identity, address, income source, and ownership of the payment method. The entire thing might be a bit of a hassle, but it ensures you get your money in the end. Most ethereum casinos will complete your verification within 24 hours, and after that, you are good to go!
The minimum deposit in casinos is not determined by the ethereum blockchain but by the company that owns the casino brand. Most commonly, it is expressed in fiat currencies, but you will have to deposit the equivalent in ETH. Why is it so?
Well, cryptos are relatively new, and players still have a much better perception of what €10 is, rather than 0.006 ETH. Also, that way, the company still has a steady source of income despite the market fluctuations. Most ethereum casinos have pretty much standard minimum deposit limits that are €10 or €20, but as always, you can find more expensive ones, as well as cheaper brands. We always advise you to stick with the casinos you can afford.
Additional Fee and Withdrawal Time
One of the best features of ethereum is that you never have to pay any fees for playing ethereum slots, making deposits, or withdrawing. However, in certain instances, the company may require your transaction to be approved by other crypto users or via special crypto tokens. Still, the majority of companies will only ask you to verify your identity.
The payments, especially withdrawals, are stunningly fast compared to more traditional methods. To put it into perspective – credit cards take around 3 days, bank wire up to 7 days, and ethereum is transferred within 15 minutes after the transaction has been approved!
Please keep in mind that most cashouts don’t happen within 15 minutes, as casinos usually apply a pending period of up to 72 hours on all payouts.
Pros and Cons
Ethereum sounds great. But what if you still have some doubts about it? In the end, this is a relatively new currency, doesn’t exist in the “real world”, and many people have warned you it is downright dangerous. We will be honest with you.
Before you even think about any payment method, make sure to have a good overview of all its good and bad sides. That way, you will know what to expect. We never try to oversell any of these methods as we understand that different players have different needs. Yet, we managed to create a small list of pros and cons.
- Cheap – if you plan to use ethereum at ethereum live casino, or any other type of casino, you will never have to pay any fees. This also means you get to keep all the money you win playing games.
- Fast – once approved, crypto withdrawals, including ethereum ones, don’t take as long as withdrawals with traditional payment methods. After the company approves your cashout, it takes only up to 60 minutes (or 15, in most cases) for the money to land into your crypto wallet.
- Safety – crypto payments operate on a whole different level. Authentication systems are elaborate, personalized and completely adjusted to online businesses. Also, there won't be any incriminating transactions on your bank statement.
- A small range of casinos – ethereum is still not as recognized as credit cards or e-wallets, not even bitcoins, meaning you will have a much smaller selection of brands to choose from. Even though we have to say that the number is constantly growing.
- Additional platforms required – ethereum sounds easy, peasy, lemon squeezy, but keep in mind that you will need either a mining account or a crypto exchange account, as well as a crypto wallet. These are two additional registrations required. Compared to a credit card you already own and can use immediately, this entire procedure can be a bit of a hassle.
Ethereum in Ireland
Ethereum is one of the most popular cryptos in Ireland. In fact, it is so beloved that hard-core ethereum enthusiasts organize meetups to share their experiences and opinions on this popular crypto. According to University College Dublin, ethereum represents one of the best investment opportunities because this popular crypto's price grew ten times in just a single year.
How many ethereum users there really are on Emerald Island remains a secret, which is not unexpected. After all, the Irish government is known to be prone to taxation of everything and anything. Ethereum, on the other hand, grants a certain level of privacy and is inaccessible even to authorities. And while some might argue how cryptocurrencies such as ETH cause only dark web markets to bloom, others see it as a counter-culture to the standard financial world and an alternative that will help the small man get rich.
We want to warn Irish punters to remain objective and don’t believe stories about how they can become millionaires night just because they own some ethereum. Yes, these coins have some great potential, but stick to your day job, regardless of their say. After all, that is what all ethereum users do.
You have read this article and decided how ethereum might sound exciting but isn’t the right crypto for you? Don’t worry, there are plenty of alternatives that serve the purpose. Here, we will list a few most popular ones, but feel free to explore our website and look for other good payment solutions.
- Pay per Mobile – simple, intuitive, and easy to use. This alternative is ideal for everyone who prefers to gamble on mobile phones. Everything you need is a data plan that supports this method and a smartphone you probably already own.
- Credit card – an ideal choice for everyone who doesn't want to put their trust into something that seems like just another fad, no matter how lucrative it might be. Credit cards are considered to be the top payment methods in any business, including online casinos.
- e-wallets – accessible from desktop and mobiles, with special protocols that keep all your transactions private, e-wallets are insanely popular among people who handle their payments online. Sometimes, the e-wallet provider will even offer you a special debit card so you can get the money at any ATM.
Top Ethereum Online Casinos
If we convinced you that ethereum could be a good choice for you, why not play at the best ethereum casino online?
- 7BitCasino – launched in 2014, this casino supports more than 500 games, incredible bonuses and promotions, as well as superb customer support and this casino also takes litecoin and bitcoin. Get a generous welcome bonus of up to €400, plus 200free spins spread across the first four deposits you make! Play your favourite games, including Carnaval Forever, Raging Rex, and Wild Shark, on desktop and mobile.
- Slotum – this relatively new casino brand, launched in 2018, will bring close to 5,000 games right at your fingertips! It supports live dealers, table games, and incredible video slots, such as true classics Fire Lightning, Wolf Gold, Asia Wins, and Jammin Jars. The welcome bonus is spread on the first three payments you make and can bring you up to €300, plus 150 spins on the house!
- BetFlip – established in 2019, this casino brand brings you not only ethereum payments but breathtaking mobile and desktop experience. Find your favourites among more than 1,000 gaming titles, and get that welcome bonus that goes up to 1BTC plus 200 free spins.
- 1️⃣ Are ethereum casinos legal in Ireland?
- Yes, ethereum gaming sites are legal in Ireland, but as always, be wise and play only with regulated brands. You will encounter a plethora of brands without a license. You can play with them if you want, but we suggest you rather opt for brands regulated by MGA, Curacao, and other respectable authorities.
- 2️⃣ Is ethereum better than bitcoin?
- Both ethereum and bitcoin are very popular, and not to mention – very similar. It is impossible to answer this question without knowing your preferences and spending habits. You will find both cryptos at most online casinos.
- 3️⃣ Can I get an ethereum bonus?
- You can claim all the bonuses casino offers, and there are even some extra bonuses for players who use cryptos. Those come in a shape of tokens, extra spins, or a little bit of bonus cash. Ensure that all the offers a casino have prepared for customers before you sign up with one operator.
- 4️⃣ What are the minimum deposit and minimum withdrawal with ethereum?
- The minimum deposit and minimum withdrawal don’t depend on ethereum as a payment method, but the casino's policies. Usually, it is between €10 and €20, or to be more precise, the equivalent in ETH.
- 5️⃣ Is ethereum safe?
- Thanks to special verification and authentication methods that require action from your side at all times, we can say how ethereum is incredibly safe and can stand side by side with most standard payment methods.