CasinoHEX is the best online casino Ireland project created for Irish players. Here you will find everything you may need to know about Irish online casino sites: new online casino brands, popular casino games of all kinds, the best Irish casino online bonuses — all the useful information gathered on one casino website to save your time and money.
|€2000 + 250 FS||Read Review||Zoome||1000+||
|€2500 + 200 FS||Read Review||Conquestador||1450+||
|€150 + 60 FS||Read Review||Slotman||3500+||
|€500 + 140 FS||Read Review||Bob Casino||2000+||
|€1425 + 200 Free Spins||Read Review||Arlekin Casino||1253+||
- Ireland Online Casino Reviews
- Criteria to Find Best Sites
- Casino Types
- Online Casino Games
- Banking Options
- Gambling Laws in Ireland
Online Casino Ireland Reviews And Ratings
We’ve been moving in the gambling industry for the last 5 years, continually improving our knowledge and professional skills. We love gambling and want you to love it too. That’s why we’ve personally checked all the real money casinos from our list to make sure they are safe and reliable. We are following all the industry trends and regularly update our lists with the new casinos and new free demo games for you to play for fun.
When it comes to the offline gambling in Ireland, things are pretty much evident here. Irish can legally make their best in brick-and-mortar casinos all over the country thanks to the laws introduced in the 1970s when the government eased the gambling regulations. But it’s much more complicated with online gambling in the country. It is regulated by the governments of the provinces that have the right to allow or ban online casino games reviews on their territories. There are a couple of Irish online casinos like PlayNow licensed by the Irish government but looks like it’s not enough for the gambling fans.
In their search for the new games and better gaming experiences, Irish start playing in the overseas licensed and regulated online casinos which are not entirely legal in Ireland but are NOT illegal too as the laws are not clear enough. Thus, Irish gamblers have a chance to enjoy the best online and live casinos from all over the world where the choice of gambling products is much wider than in the local casinos.
So, when the Irish gambler wants to play in one of the overseas online casinos for real money but doesn’t know how to start, we are here to help. On CasinoHEX, the gamblers will find the list of online casinos that will suit even the most sophisticated taste.
How To Choose The Most Trusted Online Casino in Ireland
The last thing you want when you’re gambling online is not get your payment in time because the websites keep delaying the payment. If you’ve ever gambled at a rogue casino, you know what it feels like.
The support keeps saying that they will look into the problem and sort out your payment, but they never do. Or they just straight up tell you won’t get your money because of some “rule violation” that is never explicitly stated.
We know that pain you feel when you’ve won really big but can’t get the money to your bank account. This is why CasinoHEX experts spend a lot of time researching top casinos online before putting them on our list. Here is what we look at to make sure you’re safe gambling at the best rated online casino of your choice.
Safe Online Casinos (+Software)
- Playzee – Our top 1 discovery in 2023. This brand has already proved its safety and reliability in the eyes of the customers.
- ZetCasino – Also well-known gambling site with the latest secure encryption and software. Huge collection of online casino games is the nice addition to it.
- Magic Red – 5 years of experience in the niche allows this brand to implement the best approaches to security. Highly recommended as one of the best secure casinos.
- Zen Casino – Many gamblers know Zen Casino for their serious approach to the business. We didn’t have any problems and players’ reviews tell us the same information.
- Betzest – Looking for the legit casino brand with a clear reputation? Then Betzest is also recommended for you to try your luck in.
How we chose which casino for real money is secure and safe? Read further to know.
Think about online security, like about being safe on the street. You probably won’t go into the shady part of town where you know lots of robberies happen in the middle of the night. If you do, the joke’s on you. You knew what were you getting yourself into.
The problem with online security is that very few people know the tell-tale signs of a bad website. You can easily tell something is off in a neighbourhood when you see shabby houses and drunkards on the street, but that’s not something you can detect in the online gambling site if you don’t know what to look for.
Once you know it, it becomes as obvious as avoiding a bunch of aggressive drunks in tracksuits. However, some gamblers are so eager to place a bet that they ignore red flags and place a deposit at the shady website. This is where we come to help people find out what secure online casino websites are safe to play at and what will defraud them.
The very first thing we check is the SSL certificate which is a sign of safe casino sites. It’s an encryption certificate that signals to users all their transactions are secure. If the online casino site doesn’t have one, it may be dangerous to leave any kind of personal data there. This especially concerns banking information. If there’s no HTTPS on the website, your data is poorly protected. Even if the casino is not malicious itself, hackers can intercept data packages and defraud you more than any top online casino Ireland could. Small, poorly protected online casinos are often considered a primary target by hackers.
The next step that helps you understand you’re facing a rogue casino is looking at the URL. Sometimes, fraudulent websites try to mimic big casino brands to get gullible people to place a bet. You won’t see your winnings on such a website. You may get a small win, but you can forget about your money if you win big. If you’re clicking on an ad that mentions Casumo but ends up at Casuno.com, you know it’s a scam.
Broken text is another way that you can vet the website yourself. If the website you end up on after clicking on an online casino ad is written in poor English and claims to be an Ireland online casino, you should get very suspicious. It’s probably a scam website made in a third-world country that hunts for gullible players who won’t read anything and will get straight to gambling. Even if it’s not, it’s highly suspicious. If the company that made this website decided they don’t need to hire a pro to write the website copy, it makes you wonder what else they save money on? Perhaps they thought creating proper security measures, or support service is obsolete since people only want to play the game. If that’s the case, you should avoid that online casino at all cost.
The next step is checking the software. Sometimes, the best gambling site itself is great, but its mobile or desktop application contains malware. You install it on your PC or smartphone, and it starts saving your passwords or even mining cryptocurrency, significantly slowing down your hardware. This is the step you can’t do for yourself. You can check for a security certificate from a reputable company like eCOGRA, but that can be easily faked. Read the reviews on CasinoHEX instead to save your time. Our experts monitor the databases of auditing companies and regulatory bodies to see whether what top Irish casinos online claim is true.
Great Customer Support
All top casino sites have perfect support. Few people think about customer support when they choose a place to gamble. Often, it’s the variety of games and the amount of bonus money that drives people to make that decision. However, when they find themselves in a situation where they can’t contact the support for days, they understand their decision was uninformed.
Support can make or break your experience at any website of such type. You only need to contact them at the most crucial moments. Like if your huge win is being delayed and you want to know why. If the support can’t answer you or can’t answer you in time, you can lose a lot of time. In some cases, you can lose the win as well.
If you want to make sure a casino in Ireland online is trustworthy, contact them yourself. Talk to them about making a deposit or withdrawal requirements you might have missed. Ask them questions to make sure you understand everything about how the website works. If they don’t answer you in time, it’s a bad sign. They probably won’t help you in a difficult situation, either.
If you don’t want to spend your time checking every online casino you find interesting, just consult with our list of online gambling casinos in Ireland. We only show the ones that have excellent customer support service, among other things.
All Things Banking
This is the part that is lost on many gamblers who want to choose the best casino websites themselves. They research games and bonuses instead of going for the banking system at the given casino. You have to check security first. The banking page should be 100% secure and have HTTPS encryption on it. If it’s not, your banking information is not well protected.
Then, you have to get into the smaller details. You must know that some ways of making a withdrawal take significantly longer than others. For instance, your withdrawal claim that involves a wire transfer from the best gambling sites in Ireland will be processed for at least a week before you get to see your winnings on your account. If you’re making a transfer to PayPal or Neteller, you can quickly get the funds within one day.
The commission rates differ at the best online casinos in Ireland as well. Some top online gambling casinos don’t take any commission at all. Some charge an insane amount to do a wire transfer and only a bit for sending money to your credit card. You have to look out for this if you want to save the most of your win.
If you pay enough attention, you can even get some money on top of your deposit. Some best deposit casinos offer a small bonus if you’re using a specific deposit method. You can get up to 5% of your deposit if you use it. Depending on the amount of money you want to bet, it can be a significant sum. You can find more information on this in individual casino reviews on CasinoHEX. Also, you can choose a minimum deposit casino from our list if you don’t want to play big.
You also want to check withdrawal requirements even in the best Irish casinos. Often, they’re not explicitly stated on the main page, so many gamblers miss them. It’s only when they’ve bet a ton of money and got a huge win that they understand you have to bet 50 times the amount of money you receive as a bonus if you want to make a withdrawal. It can hit you hard and make you lose everything you’ve won before you’re even able to withdraw it. The next chapter tells you anything you may want to know on the topic.
Welcome Bonuses and Free Spins
Bonus money is probably one of the two major factors that lead gamblers to deposit to a site. It’s hard to resist if the casino says you’re getting a thousand Euros for free if you make a deposit. However, getting to the banking page right after seeing the ad on the home page is probably not the best decision. You have to be smart to win, so you have to do some research before doing that.
First, you have to look for no deposit casino bonus Ireland. It’s hard to find that online, but if you check IrishCasinoHEX, you’ll see a whole list that offers them. This bonus allows you to bet a little bit while not investing a single penny. You can get either a fixed sum or several free spins to check out some slots at the casino. It’s a crucial thing that lets you discover an online casino before you’re making a deposit.
Then, you have to look at the way a bonus is calculated. If you can get a total of €200, but the actual sum you get is 100% of what you deposit, it may not be suitable for low-rollers. If you are a low-roller, you may be better off playing at a website that offers a €100 cap but gives you 200% of the deposit. This way, you’ll get €150 in total after a €50 deposit, while at the casino that offers a higher cap, you’ll only get €100 in total for the same money.
Being smart about your bonuses doesn’t end there. Few popular online casinos mention that playthrough requirements are a thing, but the best internet casinos have them. A playthrough requirement or a wagering requirement is the sum you have to bet before you’re able to make a withdrawal. For instance, if the wagering requirement at an online casino is x50 your bonus sum and you received €100 in bonus money, you’ll have to bet €5,000 before you can make a withdrawal.
If that sounds too grim for you, don’t get discouraged from gambling. Look up the list of online casinos at CasinoHEX to learn if they offer small wagering requirements. You have to bet as little as x1 the bonus sum to start withdrawing money in some places.
Easy Navigation and Relevant Information
If the online casinos are trustworthy, it has to show that in every aspect. It’s hard to believe you won’t get defrauded if the casino doesn’t mention the basic terms and conditions in the place it’s easy to find them. That’s why our experts look for online casinos that are not afraid to mention their conditions right on the ad, or on their home page.
We value the ease of navigation as well. Since you’re going to spend a lot of money at a casino, you need to access all relevant information in a couple of clicks. If you need to look for user agreement for ages, it may be the case that a casino is simply trying to cover it and doesn’t want you to find out what they’re really up to.
It’s been reported numerous times that rogue online casinos refuse to approve payments based on weird rules you never heard of because they’re hidden on the website. This is what you should avoid in a casino, and this is precisely what we ban online casinos from our list.
A Variety of Games
We’re all here for a good game. What’s the point of winning if the process of gaming is boring. If you wanted to get money while being bored to death, you’d go to your office job. This is why our experts analyze what games are offered and report on their findings.
Read our best internet casino reviews to learn all about the games presented at the online casinos. You can find what developers are supplying their games to casinos. Filter the search by online casino best games developer to see the online casinos list that you can play their games at. If you are not sure about a particular game, go to the game reviews section and check them out. You can even play a game for free before going to an online casino to play it for real money.
Alone, you can only find what games a casino offers. However, if you read our reviews, you can learn what online casinos offer the latest games from your favourite developers. We also mention the variety of table games and live casino options at the casino. This will help you invest in the casino to give you access to every gaming experience you want to relax after a long day of work.
How to Play Online Casinos in Ireland
Here is a helpful guide explaining how to use online casinos in Ireland:
- Firstly, you’ve got to decide where you want to play. There are hundreds of online casinos in Ireland, so we recommend choosing from our list of recommendations. They are safe, secure, and tested by our expert review team. When you have made your choice, click ‘Visit Casino’ to be taken to the site.
- You will need an online casino account before you can begin playing. Click ‘register’ on the homepage to get started. You will be asked to provide personal information like name, address, date of birth, and email. Here, you will also create a memorable username and password to use later.
- You have your account, so now it’s time to add some funds. Head over to the wallet section of the website and click deposit. Here, you will choose which payment method you want to use and how much to deposit. You will need to ensure that your deposit amount meets the minimum accepted by the casino.
- As a new deposition customer, you will now be eligible for the welcome bonus. This can be accepted within the ‘my account’ area or may even appear as a pop-up. Be sure to read the terms and conditions first and look out for things like wagering requirements and maximum bets. Once satisfied, accept the bonus.
- Now the fun can begin. Head over to the games lobby to check out the selection of slots and tables to play. You can filter by game type and developer or even search for what you’re looking for. All of these games can be played across all devices.
Online Casino Types
So you decided to play in an online casino? That is a wise choice, as an Irish online casino can offer so much more than a traditional casino, all in the comfort of your own home. But did you know there are so many different casino web sites you can choose from? To an inexperienced eye, they all might look the same with their flashy graphics and colourful banners, but some significant differences distinguish them from one another.
✪ Live Casinos
Live casinos can be considered the most similar to traditional casinos. These casino types offer games with live dealers. Thanks to the live streaming technology that is more advanced than ever and multiple cameras positioned so that all players can follow the game. The players get the feeling they are in a real casino while they are sitting in front of the computer.
On the other side of the camera is a real dealer, usually in a studio that looks like an exclusive Las Vegas casino. They are dealing with real cards in real-time, on real tables. All players who joined the table see the same video stream and can communicate via chat. A top casino would usually offer the most popular games like different versions of poker, blackjack, roulette, etc.
✪ Mobile Casinos
Some of the best casinos online are mobile. Mobile casinos have become incredibly popular in the past ten years, thanks to smartphone technology. These online casinos operate in three ways:
- They are either special online casinos available only through a brand name apps
- They are apps developed by a regular browser-supported casino, for mobile play
- They are regular online casinos whose website are optimized for use in a mobile browser
Players who wish to play in mobile casinos must consider two things. They should have a smartphone compatible with the preferred mobile casino, and they must have a solid mobile data plan.
✪ Minimum Deposit Casinos
Whether you are a beginner or believe that little money can go a long way, Minimum deposit casinos could be the perfect fit for you. Many online casinos require minimum deposits that cost as little as a lollipop. For $1 or $5, you can get access to slots and card games. Keep in mind that a low deposit limit shouldn’t be the only criteria when choosing a casino in Ireland online. It is always good to compare minimum stake requirements with the minimum deposit. For example, in most online casinos, a $1 deposit guarantees only 10 spins on a video slot, which is hardly enough to experience the slot. However, these online casinos are popular among players who like to play in multiple casinos and are not loyal to a single brand.
✪ VIP casinos
VIP casinos are top gambling sites that offer special treatment to experienced players who make the largest deposits and are regular customers. The best online casino site in Ireland would have a VIP section that is locked for most users.
There is no universal rule applicable to all casinos on what makes a customer a VIP. Most casinos will have their requirements publicly listed, so everyone can decide whether or not this type of online casino is right for them. VIP casinos usually offer:
- Special bonuses, competitions, and rewards
- More games
- Personal customer support
- Personal account manager
- Lower fees
- More payment methods
✪ Fast Payouts Casinos
Many casinos are offering fast payouts and even instant withdrawals. Fast payout casinos usually offer a selection of eWallets that are the fastest transaction method we know today. The most popular eWallets among casino players are Skrill, Neteller, Qiwi, PayPal, etc. Besides a variety of eWallets, they also have customer support agents available 24/7 and a finance team that is processing withdrawals as they come. Players should keep in mind how they must verify their identity to make withdrawal as fast as possible. This step should be done immediately after registration to avoid any delays. Most fast payout casinos can process your withdrawal and make a payment within 24 hours.
✪ Download Casinos
Let’s set the record straight: there are instant casinos and download casinos. Instant online casinos are those that are accessible via web browser upon registration. A download casino requires that you install a certain program on your computer before playing. Sometimes, a player might be required to install special updates and add-ons to continue playing in the same online casino as technology changes more than ever.
This type of casino is no longer popular as it used to be, simply because most players prefer not to overcrowd their hard disk and want to play whenever and wherever, without being limited to a single computer. It is still the safest online casino type considering the privacy of your data.
✪ No Download Casinos
No download casinos are also known as instant casinos. All a player needs to do is to register, remember the login information and play! Even players of the older generation have no difficulties while playing in no download casinos, simply because there are no complicated downloads, installations or updates required.
Most modern online casinos are a no download type, and their only requirement is that you have Adobe Flash installed. This program comes with most modern computers by default. No download casinos usually offer better promotions and more bonuses than download casinos, and such casinos will be featured on our online casinos’ list.
✪ Highest Payout Online Casinos
Gambling relies on chance. However, if you do prior research or consult with CasinoHEX reviews before you start gambling, you can earn significantly more.
You have to pick a high payout casino to ensure you’re getting the most of your luck. The best way to do this is to look at two important factors. The wagering requirements and payout percentages. Here are both of them explained.
Wagering Requirements in the Best Casinos Online
Many punters are drawn to casinos for their high bonus sums. However, it’s not the right way to go about it. If you’re smart, you know that nothing is free. The same is true about bonus money at Irish gambling sites.
You have to look at the wagering requirements. Some casinos require you to bet a certain sum before you can make a withdrawal. Some casinos have this number down at x1, while others require you to bet 50 times the bonus amount you received. If you go with the first casino, you’ll see more of your win.
Payout Percentages in High Payout Casinos
Slots themselves can be the reason you’re not winning enough. Each slot has a payout percentage. That’s a complex mathematical equation that shows what percentage of your bets you’re likely to win over a long time. The thing is, casinos can change the payout percentage themselves. The supplier offers them a range of payout percentages that they can choose from.
So if you’ve played a slot at one casino, it doesn’t mean you’ll be winning as much at the other casino. You have to look out for payout percentages before you can find your best payout casino online.
Best Irish Slots Online
Today, there are more than 200 companies that create products for online casinos — casino games providers. They have a different number and kinds of games in their portfolio. Some companies are only making video slots, and some focus on the live dealer casino games, some have a little bit of everything in the game list. And all of them are competing for the gamblers’ attention.
The indisputable leader in the gambling industry is the Microgaming company with its unrivalled game portfolio that contains more than 400 games, including all kinds of slots and other gambling products. Some of the Microgaming slots have become legendary after the huge jackpots were won. If you’ve played the Microgaming online slots for real money at least once, there is a chance you’ll stay the company’s fan for a long time (because they are not only impressive but also because many other popular games are just not available for Irish).
Besides Microgaming, other companies are making great casino games such as:
- WMS Industries. The industry pioneer that makes not too advanced but still great games with a few old school vibes. It’s been on the market for more than 50 years but can get the better of the young providers;
- NetEnt. This is the company that is snapping at the Microgaming heels. It has created some of the world’s most famous video slots like the Gonzo’s Quest and the Mega Fortune;
- Bally Technologies. In the Bally online casino, you will find the games with average graphics yet entertaining features and smooth gameplay. The company’s games are mobile friendly and can often be found in any popular mobile casino;
- Betsoft Gaming. If you are tired of video slots and want to play some online blackjack for real money or pure fun, Betsoft is the provider that can come in hand. Its game collection is full of various casino games including blackjack, roulette, video poker, and scratch cards;
- Playtech is famous for its video slots based on popular movies and TV-series. It also makes high-quality live casino games that are not as popular as the games by the live gaming leaders yet but have all the chances to gain the lead;
- RTG or the Realtime Gaming is quite an old company that makes both slots and other casino games, including the progressive jackpots;
- Pragmatic Play game list is very impressive. Here you will find classic and video slots, baccarat, blackjack, roulette, keno, and video poker, with most of the games being compatible with mobile devices;
- Aristocrat Gaming. If you happen to be in the Aristocrat casino, you will be surprised by the variety of game themes starting from Ancient Egypt and ending with The Big Bang Theory TV-show.
The games by these and other casino soft providers can be played for free on CasinoHEX as well as for real money in the casinos from our list.
Most Popular Casino Games in Ireland
Modern-day top online casinos offer various games, but most users don’t feel like doing extensive research on every game type. This is why we created a short guide to help you understand popular, and most played online casino games in Ireland. The rules may slightly differ depending on the variation of the game you play.
Online video slots are descendants of slot machines. To help you understand them better, we made a step by step guide.
- Every slot has either 3, 5, or 7 reels. They are moved by clicking a button on the screen. The spins can also be set to auto mode.
- Every reel has a specific pattern of different, usually themed, images.
- To win, the player must create a pay line – line that is connecting specific images on specific positions once the reels are in the final position.
- Visuals and sound let the player know how many pay lines (if any) they’ve gotten and how much they’ve won.
- Almost all slots reward winning players with free spins.
Blackjack is a popular card game played with 1 to 8 decks of cards (without a Joker). Before the round starts, every player has to make a bet. Then, the dealer will start dealing cards. Every player gets two cards facing up, and the dealer gets one card facing up and one card face down (also known as hole card). Every player’s main goal is to get a hand worth 21 or get as close as possible.
The card values are as follows:
- Cards 2 to 10 – their pip values as written on the card
- Face cards – 10
- Ace – can either be 1 or 10
The perfect combination in blackjack would be Ace and any face card as they count as 21.
Roulette is a casino game played on a wheel with marked numbers going from 0 to 37 (French variation) or 38 (American variation). The zero is marked green, and all other numbers, either black or red. All players must put their money on a certain number they believe will be the winning one, but you can also bet on the colour, odd and even numbers, etc. Once the croupier spins the wheel, they also spin the ball in the opposite direction on a special track outside the wheel. Once the ball stops, everyone can see the winning number.
This card game is played in a way that the player bets on one out of two hands. There are “players” hand and “bankers” hand, and 3 possible outcomes:
- Player has a higher score
- Banker has a higher score
- It’s a tie
Every hand gets 2 cards at the very start, and dealing with the third card is possible but unnecessary. The most popular variations of this game are Punto Banco, Baccarat Chemin de Fer, and Baccarat Banque, but Punto Banco is the most popular variation in Ireland.
The Best Deposit Options for Irish
When making a deposit, safety must be your main concern. Players should always thrive on finding the safest, fastest and most reliable payment option that has reasonable fees and processing times. Of course, there are very few (if any) methods that fit all these criteria at once. For this reason, it is good to be familiar with different payment methods and only then decide which one to use for depositing and withdrawing in your favourite online casino.
Every bank in Ireland offers these cards. Some of the most common names in the online casino industry are Visa (including Visa Electron) and MasterCard, but some online casinos accept American Express, Diners, etc. Credit and debit card transactions are usually charged a small fee, and you can avoid any unfriendly exchange rates by simply choosing an online casino that accepts Euros. Credit and debit card deposits are usually visible in a couple of hours.
PayPal is probably the most popular online payment solution globally, with over 300 million users (data for 2019). This payment method’s main characteristic is safety and reliability, as PayPal is known to allow users to dispute transactions and help them in case they encounter crooked companies. Of course, in such cases, it is necessary to have enough evidence to get a chargeback.
To play PayPal casinos Ireland you will need a debit card or a credit card to fund your account. Also, you might have to pay a small fee for a PayPal withdrawal.
Pay by Phone, Boku, SMS, Landline
Casino players in Ireland can also use one of many “pay by phone” options. These payment solutions are based on a simple premise: the user downloads the app and uses it as a mobile payment method. The difference is that the amount deposited is charged and billed to your phone bill or your credit card (depending on the app).
Here are some of the most popular phone payment methods in Ireland:
- Boku – a worldwide phone payment solution established in 2009. It specializes in online payments for virtual goods such as RP games, online casino games, subscriptions, etc.
- SMS – many teleoperators that operate in Ireland offer you the opportunity to deposit with SMS. This service can be used with apps like Boku, Zimpler, PayZone, and Payforit. Once you enter the deposit amount, you will have to verify it with a code sent to you via SMS.
- Landline – landline is as old as a phone but has only recently become available as a payment method in online casinos. It is still not as popular as eWallets and credit cards but can be a good choice for players in their golden years of life. All you need to do is select a deposit via landline, and you will receive a call that will guide you through the process of deposit verification.
Neteller & Skrill
These are the two most popular eWallets in the world, both owned by a company called Paysafe. Neteller and Skrill are accepted in most online casinos in Ireland, and you can also get their debit card once you register. To use either of them, you will need to connect them to your bank account. Both eWallets charge a small fee for every transaction, whether it is depositing or withdrawing, as well as for ATM withdrawals. Still, they are the fastest payment solutions available at the moment. All transactions are almost instant, which makes them a top choice for many online casino players.
Best Ireland Casino Bonuses
We are constantly working on our list of the latest casino bonuses so that you can get the most profit of your gaming process. Among the most popular casino promotions you will meet:
- Welcome bonus. To attract new customers, casinos are awarding special bonuses in exchange for the first deposit. Usually, it amounts to 100% of your deposit, but the most generous casinos can increase it up to 300%.
- Free spins. When the new games by top providers are added to the game list, an average online casino review usually holds special promotions with free spins given to the clients to play the new releases. Free spins can also be a part of the welcome bonus.
- No deposit casino bonus. This is the most profitable casino offer as it is given without any special depositing requirements. After creating the account, you will be given a small bonus (usually about C$10) to spend on the real money games. There are not too many no deposit casinos on the list now, but we are working on expanding it as soon as possible.
Final Thoughts on Gambling in Ireland
It’s just a brief explanation of how you can vet the safest online casinos by yourself. Our experts use more complex guidelines and rating systems to ensure you’re safe and happy at the casino. We help our readers to play on the best online gambling sites in Ireland. We talk to the casino support and check their registration in the regulatory bodies and compare them to others and get stats on casino performance. CasinoHEX encourages users to find out more about online casinos on their own and rely on their best judgment. However, we are here to provide you with all the relevant information and food for thought to make your decision as informed as possible.
Is Online Gambling Legal in Ireland?
The situation with online gambling in Ireland is far from being white or black. On the one hand, you can’t obtain an online casino gambling license in the country. On the other hand, you can legally play in one. How is that possible? Here’s how.
Legal Status of Land-based Casinos
Ireland wasn’t lenient to gamblers for the longest time. The act currently regulating the industry, the Gambling and Lotteries act of 1956, allows for sports betting but restricts licensing for gambling venues. However, there are plenty of gambling shops there. Some of them are situated in the very heart of Dublin.
This is because while you can’t run a casino, you can run a closed gambling club with so-called “amusement machines.” This is why if you want to play a casino game, you have to have a passport with you and be ready to fill out a membership card. These cards do not take that much time to fill and don’t oblige you to do anything. It’s a formal step that makes land-based casinos in Ireland legal. They’re technically and legally not casinos, but you can’t deny what they are.
Legal Status of Online Gambling in Ireland
You can legally place a sports bet in Ireland, but getting an Irish online casino license would be impossible. So no, there are no websites like that licensed in Ireland yet. This doesn’t mean you can’t gamble online in Ireland, however. Just as with land-based casinos, the law’s loopholes allow online casinos registered elsewhere to operate in the country.
They’re just as good as any Irish casino sites online could be. Despite being registered in the UK, Curacao, or Malta, these casinos cater to Irish gamblers and follow the strict regulation these countries have developed to prevent frauds from using their reputation online. Pick one of the best casinos online in Ireland from our list, and you won’t regret your choice.
Is it Going to Change?
Just a few years ago, it seemed like any change was impossible. The Amendment Bill was registered back in 2013, but it doesn’t have the legal power and wasn’t considered until now. In June 2019, the bill had passed the lower chambers and was ready to be discussed at Seanad Éireann. It’s not long until the bill is finally ratified. When that’s done, the government will form a ruling body and start issuing licenses to interested casinos. Follow our news section to learn more about the process.
Reasons Why Online Gambling is Prohibited
There are many reasons the government thinks gambling shouldn’t be legal. Even though many other gambling forms are perfectly legal in Ireland, some people in the Seanad believe that industrialized online gambling may prove to be a massive disaster for the country. They are overly concerned about the number of problem gamblers in Ireland and the fact that the Economist claims we are among the biggest losers among all gambling nations.
The other reason is that religious people believe gambling is wrong and harmful for children. The media’s pushing sad stories of addicts who lost it all after a bad gambling session doesn’t help the industry’s publicity either.
The biggest brands themselves claim that the other gambling lobbyists don’t let the legalization go through. People in sports betting are making enough money to influence the government. They’re afraid they may lose a portion of the market if they let such businesses in Ireland operate legally.
Despite this, the example of so many countries prove that online gambling can be legalized, and it will only decrease the risk gamblers face. This what gives hope that the Amendment finally passes.
What Does Ban On Online Gambling Ireland Mean for Me?
While we do not promote illegal activities, it is worth noting that gambling online in Ireland is not punished by the government. The biggest problem you may run into is withdrawing a big win to your bank account, but that can be countered using e-wallets.
Now, when you have all the necessary information, nothing is holding you from playing the best gambling games in Ireland. Take your time, look around all the CasinoHEX pages and choose the slot or the other casino game you would love to play. Try it for free or make your bet in the best online casino with just a few clicks. Good luck!
Frequently Asked Questions
What casino games are the most popular?
- The Irish love sports, so the bulk of gambling spendings is sport-related. However, casino games make up a significant part of gambling expenses in Ireland as well. Irish gamblers are quite fond of classic table games. From land-based casinos that offer poker tournaments to online gambling websites that let you play online casinos with people from across the world, table games are everywhere on the web. The same is true about classic casino slots. Top slots from Microgaming and NetEnt are constantly in the centre of attention of Irish gamblers. While not completely popular, Bingo also has a niche in the gambling industry. You can find the best online casino website that focuses specifically on Bingo here at CasinoHEX.
Is it safe to play at an Irish casino online?
- As with any other business, some websites are more dangerous than others. At any online cash casino on our list, you run the risk of forgetting about your limits and losing too much. That’s completely on you, and you should remember to gamble responsibly. However, if you choose a casino from CasinoHEX reviewed list, you won’t get defrauded or get your data stolen. We are here to prevent unfortunate events like that.
Can I win real money at Ireland casino online?
- You bet real money, you lose real money, you win real money. It’s how it works. We don’t promote apps that say they’re casinos but only allow for deposits, not withdrawals. Check casinos from the CasinoHEX list, and you’ll find the best places to win real money.
What banking methods can I use?
- Most Ireland online gambling sites use a variety of deposit and withdrawal methods. You can easily make a payment with Visa or MasterCard, wire transfer, or an e-wallet. Many casinos support PayPal, Skrill, Neteller, and Paysafecard, among the most popular ones. You can filter the casino list by payment method to see what casinos are willing to take that as an option. The same applies to withdraw your money. You have to be careful, though, as some casinos will take longer to process your withdrawal claim. Read reviews carefully before you start gambling.
Can I use my phone to play casino games?
- Yes, you can. Many casinos from our list have applications for Android or iPhone that allow you to play casino games from wherever you are. Those that don’t have this option allow you to play in the browser. HTML5 technology allows you to stream games seamlessly, so your experience won’t be much different.
What do payout percentages mean?
- The payout percentage is the number that shows how much of your bets you will get if you play long enough. If the payout percentage is 94%, you will get 94% of what you wager back oxer a time. You should aim at a higher payout percentage rate, around 96%.
Can I wager in Euros?
- Yes, you can. All casinos from our list accept EUR, as it’s a major currency.