Mobile gaming is on the rise – there is no doubt about it. The research conducted by the Ministry of Health in 2014 and 2015 showed how 35% of all the Irish gamblers used their mobile phones to access their favourite casinos. Today, the percentage is even higher, as we are using our smartphones more than we use our desktop computers.
There are two main types of mobile casinos: iPhone mobile casinos and Android online casinos. In Ireland, Androids are more popular than iPhones, as they hold 60% of the smartphone market, so it is not surprising they are more frequently used for mobile gambling as well. Mobile casinos made something we considered impossible to happen – we can now access our favourite games, deposit, and withdraw money no matter how far away from home we are. This innovative approach towards gambling gives players a whole new sense of freedom.
In this article, we will help you understand what makes a good mobile casino Ireland, how to use it, what games can you play, and how to manage your mobile games in general.
Best Android Casinos Online 2023
|€1200+260FS||Read Review||Captain Spins||1300+|
|€2000 + 250 FS||Read Review||Zoome||1000+|
|€500 + 100 FS||Read Review||Rolling Slots||2395+|
|€500 + 140 FS||Read Review||Bob Casino||2000+|
|€1600||Read Review||Jackpot City||370+|
How We Rate Android Online Casinos
Every player should know that not all mobile mobile casinos are made equal. Online casinos for Android can easily be recognized by a Google PlayStore icon on their website, but nowadays mostly all mobile casinos are compatible with Android devices. But, just because they are compatible, doesn’t mean they are any good.
We created a strict set of criteria and factors we consider when we do casinos online reviews. Mobile casinos for Android are reviews based on the following criteria:
- Compatibility – The first criteria when rating Android mobile casinos are whether or not they really work on Android devices. For example, many crooked casinos will simply slap on an Android icon and claim it to be responsive, even though it is not. Once the player registers and runs the casino on the phone, it is obvious it isn’t working. To avoid this scenario, we test every reviewed casino on an Android smartphone to make sure there is either a mobile app we can download or a responsive mobile design that will be supported in the mobile Chrome browser.
- License – Every good and reputable casino will have their license publicly displayed for everyone to see. After all, they had to adjust their business practices to a strict set of criteria imposed by the regulatory body, so why not show off. However, some casinos might simply write an imaginary license number or even steal someone else’s and publish it as theirs. We always take a closer look at the license number and check with the mentioned regulator whether or not the company information is really true. In Ireland, the most popular casinos are those regulated by the MGA or UKGA.
- Security – Safety of funds and security of data provided during the registration process are the most common concerns in the online gaming community. We believe that Android casino sites should use safety protocols and configurations in order to provide a safe environment for mobile online gambling. SSL protocols are amongst the most common ones, and every reputable casino should use them. Also, we take a closer look at the Terms and Conditions and often neglected document that tells a lot about how the casino works and handles your money, transactions, and user information.
- Banking options – Most people take the variety of Android casino deposit methods they have at their disposal in their everyday lives for granted. However, we like to take a closer look at the payment policies and banking options an online casino Android has to offer. Some casinos simply offer more methods and lower fees than others! We prefer casinos that offer a combination of more conservative payment methods such as credit cards, debit cards and bank wire, and innovative transactions via eWallets or eVouchers. Also, some casinos support different methods for deposits and withdrawals, while others tend to have different minimum withdrawal limits for different payment methods. Android minimum deposit casinos usually set the deposit limit to €10, but it can be higher or lower.
- Bonuses – Best online casinos for Android will offer plenty of bonuses and promotions that will take your playing experience to a whole different level. Every reputable casino will first offer a welcome bonus that is usually related to your first deposit. Some casinos will even offer you a welcome bonus not only on first but second, third, fourth and even fifth bonus! Also, there are no deposit bonuses that require no payments. These usually come in the form of free spins you can use on a certain slot. Occasional promotions, tournaments, competitions, and loyalty programs are only a plus. While we do appreciate a good bonus offer, we appreciate reasonable bonus terms even more. The most relevant bonus term is the wagering requirement, as they affect how the bonus is used and played.
- Games selection – We truly appreciate casino online Android that offers a good selection of games, especially as many mobile casinos decide to offer only slot games. Of course, slots are the most fun casino game (and they offer so much variety that other games don’t even come close), but there are also players who prefer table games and even live casino. Our team rates casinos depending on how many games they have to offer in their mobile casino for Android and then takes a closer look at the games. Are the graphics of acceptable quality? Are slot frames adjusted to smaller screens? We try to provide answers to all these questions.
What are the Android Casino Types?
Players who are looking for a real money casino for mobile Android phone will have to face a difficult decision: whether they prefer mobile optimized mobile casinos or do they want to play via a mobile app. There is no unique answer to this question, so we decided to list some good and some bad sides of both types to help you understand what different types of mobile casinos are all about.
Android No Download Casinos
Android no download casinos are based on the same technology as desktop online casinos, but they are optimized for mobile screens. This means you don’t have to download anything but can simply access your casino account from the mobile browser. When it comes to Androids, the most common mobile browser is Chrome. When you open the casino site, you will see the same familiar website, but with a few differences. No download casinos usually offer a more simplified design that is not crowded with unnecessary visuals, flashy banners, and details. However, they tend to offer the same selection of games and features as the desktop version.
Once you access the mobile casino site, simply log in by using your account information. Then, you can make a deposit, withdraw money, play games like you would do on a desktop interface. The main disadvantage of the no download casino is that you have to log in every time you access it due to security reasons. Even though it is for your safety, you may waste precious time. Also, some older players might find such an optimized interface hard to navigate, as it is not as intuitive as the desktop version.
Android Casino Apps
The best Android casino will usually have an app ready for mobile playing. After all, modern casino users don’t want to wait to come home and play but want to play right here and right now! Luckily, casino apps for Android make it all possible, and all you have to do is a few taps on the screen. You can download the app directly from the mobile website or simply enter the name of the casino in your Play Store and download it. Once you install the game, use your login data to access your playing account. You have to do this step only the first time you use the app. In the future, once you click the app, it will take you to your account without any delays.
Best casino app Android will provide not only a good overview of your account features but over games as well. Many software providers have special designs that are used exclusively inside mobile apps to make sure to provide the best user experience by adjusting not only the graphics, sounds, and game navigation but loading times and the level of safety as well. It can be said that no download casinos are only adjusted to the mobile interface, while casino apps are created exclusively for mobile use, thus being more stable, reliable, safe and, after all, more popular among players. Mobile apps enable depositing, withdrawing, and playing without any restrictions, which makes them incredibly popular amongst Irish players.
Of course, it is always advised to keep a close eye on your mobile phone to prevent not only losing it but also to make sure no one else has access to your Android casino app, especially as they keep you logged in at all times. One of the main downsides of using a mobile casino app is that it will take some storage space on your mobile phone. Also, older generations might need assistance to set up everything they need before placing the first bet.
Android Casino Games
As already mentioned, the variety of games can either make or break the deal. Mobile casinos are always shifting their portfolios towards what users want, and they want as many games as possible. Adding new Android casino games is a must if casinos want to survive.
- Online Slots – the most popular mobile casino games. Some casinos have over 2000 different video slots in their portfolio, and considering how there is a great diversity of slot types, themes, features and styles, all players should be able to find something that suits them. The most popular mobile slots are 5-reel slots, especially the classics like Starburst and Gonzo’s Quest, or Egyptian themed slots.
- Roulette – the classic game has found its way to the mobile market. There are even special mobile roulette casinos that offer every roulette variation under the sun. Just like in traditional brick-and-mortar casinos, French roulette remains the most popular kind.
- Blackjack – one of the most popular table games, it is equally popular on desktop and in mobile casinos. Some casinos even offer special mobile blackjack apps you can use if you are specialized in this game and have no interest in others. European blackjack, classic blackjack, single deck blackjack, and double exposure blackjack are the most popular variations when it comes to mobile games.
- Baccarat – this french card game is not as popular as its relatives roulette and blackjack, but it is widely available among new Android casinos, looking for an opportunity to attract more players. You will often find a great variety of baccarat games by different software providers.
- Android Live Casino Games – these games definitely have something to offer. The live dealer will be right there, on the screen of your mobile phone, and you will be able to play hands dealt in real-time. The most popular live casino games are table and card games(think poker!), but there are also games that look more like tv shows rather than your ordinary casino game. Make sure to have a good mobile data plan, as streaming has to be flawless and connected without any interruptions.
- Other Types – There are also mobile casinos that offer bingo, scratch cards, lottery, and even some special custom-made games you can experience only on a mobile.
1️⃣ Can I have more than one Android mobile casino on my phone?
- Yes, you can have more than one mobile casino app on your Android phone. In fact, you can have as many as you like! Just remember the different usernames and passwords you have with different mobile casinos, and you will be good to go. This is amazing for players who are not loyal to a single brand of the casino but like to switch things up.
2️⃣ Are Android mobile casinos free?
- Android mobile versions, whether it is an app or an optimized mobile website, are completely free of charge. However, in order to play games, you will have to make a deposit in the casino. The minimum deposit is usually set to €10. Some slot games support free play, so you can see what the game is all about and decide whether you like it or not, but to win real money, you will have to make a real money deposit.
3️⃣ Can I play both mobile and desktop casino with the same account?
- Yes, you can use a single account for both your desktop and mobile playing. This means that all the winnings go to the same account, no matter what device you used initially. Maybe we should mention that you also must use the same account, as you will have to verify your identity sooner or later.
4️⃣ Can I get a bonus via mobile?
- All bonuses available for desktop players are available for mobile users as well. Some casinos might even have occasional promotion exclusively for mobile players to promote their apps or mobile playing interface, so make sure to keep up with the latest information and newsletters.