MasterCard Casinos in Ireland
MasterCard casinos have been present in Ireland ever since the first online casino crossed the Irish border. This popular payment method is widely available all over Ireland and has been a popular choice even before the rise of online casinos. The main reason why Mastercard is so popular is that it is accepted practically everywhere – from shopping malls, small online shops to online casinos and betting sites. With a wide range of cards, MasterCard is one of the big players in the financial industry and a company you can rely on.
Established in 1966, this American financial service with headquarters in New York has been accepted worldwide. Many Irish already have a MasterCard issued by their bank to immediately head towards one of the online casinos that accept MasterCard. Others, who don’t own the card, should read this article and find out more about getting this card and using it in top MasterCard casinos.
Best MasterCard Casinos Online 2021
Lucky Red Casino
|€4000||Lucky Red Casino||160+|
Grand Fortune Casino
|€500||Grand Fortune Casino||103+|
|€300 + 100 Free Spins||Pocketplay||2000+|
Fortune Mobile Casino
|€100||Fortune Mobile Casino||338+|
Times Square Casino
|€500||Times Square Casino||482+|
|€500 + 100 FS||5plusbet||2460+|
|100% up to $300||Bet2U||1566+|
|Cashback 20%||Crazy Fox||1500+|
|20 Free Spins||GoodWin Casino||1620+|
|€600 + 50 FS||Winfest||1500+|
|500 FS + 20% Cashback||SpinHill||230+|
|$900 + 150 FS||iLucki||3600+|
|€1000 + 100 FS||Spin Away||632+|
KIM VEGAS CASINO
|€1300||KIM VEGAS CASINO||3809+|
|€200 + 10 FS||Betmaster||2786+|
|30 Free Spins||Virgin Games||20+|
|€1000+300 FS||Leo Vegas||965+|
|100 Free Spins||Mr.Green||300+|
The Sun Play
|€400||The Sun Play||350+|
|€5 No Deposit||Richprize||2000+|
|€1000 Wager Free||Wolfy Casino||3147+|
The Grand Ivy Casino
|€1500+100FS||The Grand Ivy Casino||504+|
|Up to 150%+150FS||Bao Casino||1397+|
How to Use MasterCard in Online Casinos
Players should not have any difficulties in finding online casinos that take MasterCard. The MasterCard icon interconnected red and orange circle, you will frequently encounter while researching MasterCard accepted online casinos. Still, just because a casino accepts MasterCard, that doesn’t mean it is right for you. A good casino is much more than a single payment method, so make sure to be through with your casino research or register with casinos on our list.
How to Sign Up
Getting a MasterCard is not as straightforward as getting an e-Wallet account, but it is not complicated. If you go to the Irish MasterCard website, you will notice no registration or sign up button. The reason for this is that MasterCard is issued by 3rd party companies and not the credit card company itself.
There are three types of MasterCard cards available:
- MasterCard Credit Card – this type of card is issued by banky only. A standard credit card is ideal for everyday use. World MasterCard is more accepted all over the world and offers more flexibility. World Elite card is a premium card with additional promotions, benefits, and freebies. All types of credit cards are operating in a way that can be explained as “spend now, pay later”, but bear in mind there are some high-interest rates involved for those that don’t pay on time. Most banks will offer you this card only after you become a candidate for one, either by your spending habits or your bank account's balance.
- MasterCard Debit Card – the most common card type operates on the premise that you can spend only the money you have available on the account. This type of card is offered to all clients of a certain bank that works with MasterCard.
- MasterCard Prepaid Cards – you can deposit a certain amount onto the card, and that way, limit the spending. This type of card is issued by some popular e-Wallets like Skrill, Upay, Apple Pay, PayPal, Google Pay, etc. To get this type of card, you will have to register with the e-Wallet and request a card. Some e-Wallets will charge you a shipping fee, while others will send it for free. You will receive your card in the mail within a few days. This type of card can be used on any ATM, but only if you are willing to pay a small fee.
Financial institutions that offer MasterCard in Ireland are Bank of Ireland, KBC, AvantCard, AIB, EBS, Post, and N26, as well as numerous e-Wallets.
Best MasterCard casinos will support MasterPass as well. MasterPass is an e-Wallet developed by MasterCard that connects the card to their online payment system. That way, you don’t have to type the credit or debit card number every time you want to make a transaction but simply have to click the Masterpass without a second thought.
Players who own credit cards or debit cards won’t have to make a special deposit on their card to play in a top MasterCard online casino. The card is already connected to their bank account, and they either have money to deposit or don’t. Considering how the average MasterCard online casino has a minimum deposit limit that is more than reasonable, it is expected that every player will be able to make a deposit.
Players who want to use debit cards will have to, first and foremost, get their card from the company they registered with. Then, they will need to activate the card according to the instructions and fund it. The maximum amount they can transfer is the amount they have available on the main account, for example, the Skrill account.
To put things into perspective: a player who has 50 EUR on their Skrill account can’t deposit more than that, while credit card users can deposit as much as they want but will have to pay later and with interest. Debit card users can take a loan or deposit slightly more than they have, but with high-interest rates.
There are some e-Wallets, like Skrill, that immediately let you use all the money you keep in your e-Wallet, without any money transfers between the card and the e-Wallet account.
Once you set up everything, visit your favourite online casino that accepts MasterCard. Log in, enter the banking section and click deposit. The casino will ask you to provide the credit card number, the security code (written on the back of the card), and specify the amount you wish to deposit.
Players who want to deposit with the best MasterCard online casinos won’t have any trouble. Most casinos offer intuitive and simple withdrawal interfaces. Once you are logged in, click the withdrawal button or simply enter the banking section. Choose MasterCard as the preferred payment method and type the amount you wish to withdraw. If this is your first withdrawal, the casino might ask you to verify your identity by delivering documents like a copy of your ID, passport, credit card or utility bill. All this should be done according to their specific instructions to ensure everything goes as fast as possible. Once everything has been confirmed, your money should be available to you shortly.
MasterCard debit and credit cards don’t have a minimum deposit limit, while the prepaid card's deposit limit is determined by the company providing it. Most e-Wallets and other financial services set the deposit limit to 10 Euros. This is precisely the amount required by top MasterCard online casinos in Ireland.
Additional Fee and Withdrawal Time
Most companies that work with MasterCard and most online casinos accepting MasterCard will charge users a small fee. The fee will vary on your card provider, but it is usually a small percentage of the transaction.
Withdrawal time with credit cards is usually no longer than two working days, but it may be affected by public holidays, day of the week, time of day, etc. For example, players who request a withdrawal on Friday Night will have to wait for Monday for the request to be processed. Only then will the transaction take place.
Pros and Cons
MasterCard is so popular that almost everyone has one or the other type of card. But just because it is popular doesn’t mean it is the best choice for you. Take a look at the advantages and disadvantages of this popular payment method.
- Availability – MasterCard is so frequent that there is a great chance you already have one in your wallet. And even if you don’t, all it takes are a couple of clicks to get a MasterCard prepaid card in your post box.
- Safety – MasterCard is a company that has been around for over 50 years and longer than any popular e-Wallet. Their reputation goes beyond e-commerce, and online casinos, as they build a positive image even in the offline world of finances.
- Diversity – Credit card, debit card, or maybe a prepaid card? MasterCard has your back! Choose the type of card you feel comfortable with and enjoy your casino experience.
- 3rd Party Involved – When using MasterCard it is impossible to avoid banks or e-Wallet operators. MasterCard is not a payment method but a means of payment and must be connected to an online transaction company.
- Fees – If you are planning to save some money on fees, think twice before using a MasterCard. Only some casinos will charge you a small fee for every transaction, but almost every e-Wallet will. When it comes to banks, every bank has a different fee policy, but most of them will charge you at least a fee for international transactions.
MasterCard in Ireland
Credit cards and debit cards are amongst the most popular payment methods in entire Ireland. They are extremely popular in online transactions and payments as they tend to be safe and reliable while providing simple interfaces for depositing and withdrawing money. In September 2019, the Central Bank of Ireland issued a report stating how e-commerce expenditure increased by 25% in a single year. At that moment, it was worth €1.9 billion, and over 1.4 billion worth of transactions were done via credit cards and debit cards.
Even though some similar credit card brands are available in Ireland, like Visa, for example, MasterCard was and is a popular choice. It is widely accepted and used both for online and offline spending, including in online casinos.
Maybe you don’t like MasterCard's whole concept or prefer to use a different credit card? Maybe your bank doesn’t offer one, and you are not confident enough to open an account with that hype, cool and innovative e-Wallets? Luckily, MasterCard is not the only payment method you can use to deposit and withdraw money in casinos. Here are some popular alternatives!
- Visa – similar to MasterCard, Visa is a credit and debit card company. Established in the 1950s in the USA, it has been one of the most popular international credit card providers worldwide. Most banks offer either Visa or MasterCard, and these two cards are accepted in almost every online casino. So, if your bank offers you a Visa, there is no need to get MasterCard as well, as they are the same.
- Bank Wire – another traditional method that is accepted in almost every online casino. Bank transfer is a method that is over 100 years old, and you have probably used it before. It is safe, reliable and can be used by anyone who has a bank account. The main downside is that it is significantly slower than other, more modern methods.
- Maestro – it is owned by the same company as MasterCard, and many people can’t even tell the difference. However, Maestro is primarily a debit card (even though it is possible to get a prepaid card) and has certain limitations in spending while travelling or shopping online.
Top MasterCard Online Casinos
Now, it is time to find the best online casino that accepts MasterCard. Best MasterCard casino sites will offer great bonuses, clear T&C and exciting games you can play at any time. Even though these casinos are selected using a strict set of criteria, every player will have to decide on the best online casino MasterCard.
- Playzee – this casino has an amazing welcome bonus offer that goes as high as €1,500, plus 150 Zee Spins and 500 Zee Points. Playzee offers over 1000 games, including popular slots, progressive jackpot slots, live casino, card games, table games, video poker and many more. You will find some popular slots like Tomb Raider, Sizzling 7 and Castle Builder II. It is regulated and licensed by The Gambling Commission of Great Britain, and it is owned by White Hat Gaming Limited.
- Genesis Casino – this popular casino site offers up to $1000 welcome bonus plus 300 free spins. They offer a solid number of slot games, mostly by NetEnt and Microgaming, with popular names like Starburst and Immortal Romance. Other than slots, you can enjoy live casino and popular table games. The minimum deposit is $10.
- Hyper Casino – online casino MasterCard accepted, popular games? What else are you looking for? You also get a welcome bonus of up to $300 on the first deposit and a variety of live casino games, slots, jackpot slots, table games, and lottery. The MGA regulates it under license number: MGA/B2C/211/2011.
- 1️⃣ Is MasterCard free?
- Most banks that work with MasterCard won’t charge you for your MasterCard. If you decide to use an e-Wallet to get a debit or prepaid MasterCard, you might have to pay the shipping fee. This fee is only symbolic and doesn’t cost more than €5.
- 2️⃣ How many online casinos accept MasterCard?
- MasterCard is, along with Visa and bank wire, the most represented payment method in Irish online casinos. It is so common that it is almost impossible to think of a casino that doesn’t accept it. Finding a good casino shouldn’t be a problem.
- 3️⃣ Will my casino charge me any fees for using MasterCard?
- Some casinos may charge you a small withdrawal fee. The fee is not a fixed price but a percentage of the withdrawal amount. It rarely exceeds 5%.
- 4️⃣ Is it better to use a debit or credit card to deposit in an online casino?
- There is no definitive answer to this question. What is important for you as a casino player is to understand that with debit cards, you can only use the money you already have, while credit cards operate on the “play now, pay later principle”.