American Express Casinos Ireland
American Express (also known as AMEX) is a credit card company that enjoys the trust of casino players all over the world, Ireland included. This company established in 1850, has quickly become a synonym for a credit card in many countries and has been present online ever since the birth of the internet. In 2018, there were 53.7 million American Express credit cards in circulation worldwide, which makes it one of the most used credit cards in the world.
American Express online casinos are commonly found on the lists of top-rated casinos, as this payment method guarantees safe transactions with maximum privacy. Even though this credit card is not as popular in Ireland as Visa or MasterCard, it is a well-known brand that instills confidence and trust.
With American Express deposit casinos being more popular than ever, it would be a wise choice for every player to get more familiar with this method and what it has to offer. In this article, we will try to explain every aspect of doing online transactions with this popular credit card.
Best AMEX Casinos Online 2020
How to Use American Express in Online Casinos
American Express online casino will usually have a very recognizable symbol at the bottom of their website – just look for a silver gladiator on a green background or a small light blue rectangle with American Express written on it. Online casinos accepting American Express will be more than proud to place this payment method on their websites. But is every AMEX casino a good one? Unfortunately not, and players must consider other criteria as well. Some of the most important criteria when choosing an online AMEX casino (other than payment methods) are games offered, bonus rules, licensed status and quality of customer support.
How to Sign Up
Online players first have to open an account with one of the American Express casino sites. The registration with such casino is pretty simple, and all you have to do is follow the steps, as described on the AMEX casino’s website. Once you have the playing account ready, it is time to consider your American Express card.
American Express is a credit card which means it supports delayed payments. To do so, it has to be supported by another company – the bank. It is impossible to get this credit card with any other payment provider, for example, an e-wallet.
To get your hands on your AMEX, you will have to fill out some forms in your bank, after they do a thorough check of your status. Then, you will receive your card to your mailbox, as well as your PIN in two separate envelopes to avoid any harmful handling. If you already own an AMEX card, you can skip this step completely and go straight to depositing.
When playing in an online casino American Express comes in handy thanks to allowing the payment to be executed at a later date.
To deposit with an AMEX casino, you will first have to log in. Once you enter the playing interface, head towards the banking section and click the button that will redirect you to the depositing area (it usually says “Fund” or “Deposit”).
The next step will be for you to choose the AMEX from the list of the available payment methods. Then, type the amount you want to deposit and enter the credit card details, as requested. And that’s it! You don’t have to remember any passwords, PINs or log in to another interface, and the money will be transferred within a day. Considering the sensitivity of credit card data, make sure to play in a safe and regulated casino to avoid any security issues and breach of privacy.
Is it possible to withdraw by using an American Express credit card? Of course, it is! The fact that you can execute both deposits and withdrawals by using the same method makes AMEX the preferred payment method of many online casino players. This simplifies things, as you don’t need to use multiple methods in a single casino.
American Express accepted online casinos are the ones that set the withdrawal limit. Your bank or the credit card company cannot affect these limits. Online casinos usually have not only minimum withdrawal limits, but daily, weekly and monthly withdrawal limits. In most cases, the withdrawal is set to an amount that is slightly higher than the deposited amount.
Keep in mind that AMEX online casinos won’t be able to process a withdrawal until you verify your identity. As credit card crimes are becoming a rising concern, this step ensures that your money will go to the right hands. For faster and smoother withdrawals, make sure to deliver all required documents in advance, or at least have them ready and prepared for sending.
There is no minimum limit for depositing with the American Express, but you will have to pay the minimum set by your favorite casino. Online casinos that accept American Express usually have a minimum deposit of €10.
Additional Fee and Withdrawal Time
American Express is a neat credit card with many perks and benefits, including traveling points and extra discounts. However, most casinos will charge you additional fees, especially for withdrawing money. Sometimes, they will also set a slightly higher withdrawal limit. The fees are set by the casino itself to help them optimize the expenses of this type of transaction.
American Express may be one of the most reliable and safe payment methods out there, but it definitely is not the fastest. The withdrawal time when using an AMEX card is usually around 48 hours. It may take longer in case you forgot to verify your identity with the casino. This delay is usually justified with international banking policies and procedures.
Pros and Cons
There is no doubt that American Express is one of the most popular online payment methods. AMEX online gambling has been present ever since the first online casino opened its doors, but is it the best method out there? It all depends on a set of specific criteria every player creates for himself. Below, you will find out some good sides and bad sides of paying with AMEX in online casinos.
- Safety – AMEX is a global brand that collaborates only with serious banks, thus meaning your money will be as safe as possible. Of course, it is always important to be careful when sharing your credit card information, so before depositing make sure you are playing in a licensed casino.
- Accepted in many casinos – American Express casinos are among the most common one in the industry, and you shouldn’t have difficulties in finding one that suits you.
- Easy to Use – American Express there are no additional registrations, pins, and passwords you have to remember.
- Fees – Most online casinos will charge you a small fee for using AMEX for withdrawals. It may be only a symbolic percentage, but keep in mind it will affect the amount you receive in the end.
- Availability – American Express is not as easy to get as eWallet. You will have to find a bank that offers this type of credit card, and then they will examine your credit rate before providing you with the card.
American Express in Ireland
Credit cards are very popular among the Irish, but they tend to prefer other brands like Mastercard over the American Express. MasterCard is also available in more Irish banks and accepted in more places. According to the Central Bank, credit cards are used not only in grocery stores and shopping malls but online as well. Credit cards were used in 47% of all e-commerce transactions in June 2019.
There are many casinos ready to offer this payment method in Ireland. American Express gambling is no different than any other type of gambling and doesn’t subject to any additional laws or regulations, other than those that regulate the industry in general.
American Express Alternatives
There are many reasons why one would need an alternative to American Express. Maybe your bank doesn’t offer this credit card, and switching banks is too much hassle. Some people might not like fees or the fact that they don’t do transactions with the help of the third party. Whatever the reason may be, online casinos that take American Express offer other types of payments as well. Check out some popular alternatives to AMEX!
- MasterCard – As one of the most popular credit and debit cards in Ireland, it is widely accepted across the country and in many online casinos. The credit card company behind it included some popular eWallet solutions connected to the card for more direct and carefree online payments.
- Visa – A popular choice among the Irish, Visa is accepted in almost every online casino under the sun. As the second biggest card payment company, they guarantee the safety of your funds and personal information.
- ecoCard – The ecoCard is provided by EcoPayz eWallet, and it is an amazing alternative to credit and debit cards as you don’t have to visit the bank to get one. As a prepaid card, it has a set spending limit to what you have available on the card at a certain moment.
Top American Express Online Casinos
Even though American Express is a payment method available in many casinos, not every online casino that supports AMEX is a reliable one. With so many new brands popping up on the market each season, it is crucial to find a safe casino that will deliver what is promised. On the list below, you will find the top three American Casinos among the Irish players.
- Playzee – This casino with over 1000 games has an amazing welcome bonus. You get up to €1,500 plus 150 Zee spins and 500 Zee points. Besides the welcome bonus, players can enjoy lucrative daily promotions on an everyday basis. Slots are definitely the most popular Playzee games, but there are also a live casino, card games, table games, as well as some video poker and scratch cards at your disposal. Playzee is regulated by the MGA, under number MGA/B2C/370/2017.
- Spartan Slots – If you are looking for a casino with a great selection of software providers look no further. Simply spin some slots provided by 2By2 Gaming, Genesis Gaming, Habanero, Leander Games, Microgaming, Old Skool Studios, Pragmatic Play, Rabcat or Rival BetSoft. This Curacao regulated casino with 20 years of experience also included a live casino, table games and video poker in their portfolio. All new players can get up to 675% bonus plus 150 cash free spins.
- Red Dog – With this popular casino brand, all new players get a 225% welcome bonus plus an extra 20% for Neosurf or BTC deposits. There is also a special Game of the Month promotion where you can get a 140% bonus and 20 free spins (plus some extra spins for BTC and Neosurf deposit). Red Dog heavily relies on slots but offers poker games and table games as well. We suggest taking a look at the Specialties category because you will find many roulettes, bingo, and dice games.
- ⭐ How to get an American Express card?
- You can get an American Express card by opening an account in a bank that collaborates with AMEX. Some banks will do estimates on your credit balance, solvency, or require from you to reach a certain amount on your bank balance before providing a card.
- ⭐ Are there any fees when withdrawing with American Express from casino?
- Most online casinos will charge you a small fee for withdrawing with American Express. This is not uncommon, and fees are usually only a small percentage of the amount you wish to withdraw. Every casino will have their fees listed in a special part of the website.
- ⭐ Is American Express safe?
- American Express is not only safe but probably one of the safest payment methods available in online casinos that have been around since the very beginning of the industry. Still, it is important to remember how it is always important to use common sense and not share sensitive personal information with unreliable websites or use it in a manner that may affect the safety of your funds.
- ⭐ Are there any good American Express casinos in Ireland?
- Many safe, reliable, regulated and innovative casinos in Ireland support this method. Before depositing in a casino, make sure to check out other features as well. For example, it is necessary to get familiar with the bonus policy, withdrawal conditions, selection of the games and software providers before making a final decision.