Real Money Blackjack
The game of blackjack continues to ride the waves of being a highly popular game across the whole world. The game is simply loved because of its simplicity to comprehend, ease of play and of course, some exciting wins when it comes to the real money version. In addition, the game is very much liked as it has a low house advantage, and therefore a high Return to Player (RTP) which enhances the chances of overall making profits. Ireland is no exception either, as just like the global trend, the games continue to be highly popular both from a desktop and a mobile perspective.
In this article, we take an in-depth look at playing the online game of real money blackjack, its associated elements, variants, applicable tips, and strategies, with the ultimate objective of making it easier for the punter to make the best selection. We also seek to address a few frequently asked questions (F.A.Qs) that may be perhaps troubling the minds of punters out there. At CasinoHEX, we provide a list of only the best casinos where one can play online real money blackjack in Ireland. These casinos are tried and tested and provide what can be considered as the best service in Ireland. So, come along and enjoy the upcoming content.
BEST SITES TO PLAY ONLINE BLACKJACK FOR REAL MONEY 2020
|10||€1600||Jackpot City Casino||370+|
|11||€200+100FS||Magic Red Casino||234+|
|14||€1000||Spin Palace Casino||450+|
|19||€200 CashBack||Clover Casino||408+|
|20||€500||The Online Casino||450+|
|22||€500+50FS||Slotty Vegas Casino||1500+|
|29||€100||Royal Panda Casino||595+|
|31||€1200+260FS||Captain Spins Casino||1300+|
|35||€1300+200FS||King Billy Casino||3500+|
|36||€500+20FS||Mr Play Casino||400+|
|38||€2500+40FS||El Royale Casino||178+|
|40||€750||Ruby Fortune Casino||290+|
|42||€1000+300 FS||Leo Vegas Casino||965+|
|43||€200+200FS||True Flip Casino||1361+|
|45||100 Free Spins||Mr.Green Casino||300+|
|48||€1000+100FS||Lucky Days Casino||1200+|
|50||€150+50FS||Fruity Wins Casino||661+|
|52||€100||Fortune Mobile Casino||338+|
|54||€2500||Rich Palms Casino||200+|
|55||400% up to 800 + 50 FS||RoyalSpinz Casino||336+|
|64||€1000+100FS||Gate 777 Casino||522+|
|75||€1500+25FS||All Wins Casino||552+|
|81||€1600||Jonny Jackpot Casino||1300+|
|82||€2000||Lord Of The Spins Casino||470+|
|86||€100+25FS||Mr Slot Casino||322+|
|87||€500||Grand Fortune Casino||103+|
|94||€4000||Lucky Red Casino||160+|
|95||€100+10FS||Mobile Wins Casino||500+|
|97||20 FS||GoodWin Casino||1620+|
|98||225% + 50 FS||Aussieplay Casino||178+|
|102||€500||Temple Nile Casino||855+|
|107||30 Free Spins||Virgin Games Casino||20+|
|110||€200||Paddy Power Casino||150+|
|111||N/A||No bonus casino||520+|
|116||€1500+100FS||The Grand Ivy Casino||504+|
|120||€300||William Hill Casino||220+|
|124||1 BTC+200FS||Betflip Casino||1000+|
|125||€500+250FS||Royal Rabbit Casino||2500+|
|126||100% up to €600 + 50 FS||Winfest Casino||1500+|
|135||€200||Sin Spins Casino||320+|
|136||€300+100FS||Prospect Hall Casino||180+|
|137||€1000||Spin Million Casino||700+|
|139||€400+200FS||Slots Heaven Casino||275+|
Best Casinos to Play Blackjack Online for Real Money (Details & Features)
|Playzee||Up to €1500||2018|
|Jackpot City||Up to €1600||1998|
|Genesis||Up to €1000||2019|
|Zen Casino||Up to €200||2017|
|Party Casino||Up to €500||1997|
|Leo Vegas||Up to €1000||2012|
To find the best place where one can play such games, there needs to be a structured approach that requires to be followed. We at IrishCasinoHEX make use of these criteria to select only the best casinos. The criteria include the following:
- License – The casino should be licensed to offer the option to play blackjack for money online and other casino game offerings to the punters. The licenses are usually given out by reputable organizations in Malta, UK, Sweden, Ireland, and other countries, with the license details mostly displayed in the “about” section.
- Selection of games – The casino must have a wide selection of games to afford players with the required choice to select their desired games. Best casinos offer hundreds of games from very reputable developers who have a name for game fairness.
- Reputation – One must additionally make a check for the casino reputation which indicates whether they will receive fair treatment. Games should be tested for RGN to remove any fears of rigging.
- Mobile compatibility – Of course, in this world, of mobile betting, one must make sure there is the compatibility of games with mobile devices to allow the players to place bets from any time and location.
- Security – The casino should be highly secure to offer protection on stored data and information such as bank details and credit cards. The casino site should have SSL protection to play blackjack for real money safely.
- Transaction option – To make transactions seamlessly, one also has to ensure the casino offers a wide option of deposit and withdrawal options that may be used.
Using these criteria, CasinoHex has shortlisted several casinos that can be used by Irish players, and these include
How to Play Online Blackjack for Real Money
Now that we have introduced the punters to the advantages of playing real money blackjack, an equally curious question would be who does one go about to play the game of online blackjack. There are several important elements that we will discuss including the associated rules, instructions, card counting, and associated terminology in real money blackjack online.
The main objective of the game of real money blackjack is to obtain a total of cards that is as close as possible to 21 without getting burst/going over 21. This total is evaluated after the card dealing process in which cards are distributed amongst the dealer and the players. The game is played using a standard card deck of 52 cards, and in most cases, there is a set of six to eight such decks to allow for faster gameplay. Some applicable rules are as follows:
- Value of cards – The number cards 2-10 have a value equivalent to their face value. Face cards are worth 10, except in the case of an Ace which is worth 1 or 11.
- Card dealing – When playing real money blackjack against the casino, there is a card dealer who represents the casino itself. The first set of cards is dealt to the players with cards facing up, starting from the player on the left up to the right. Once the first set of cards for players have been drawn, the dealer then issues a card for themselves card facing down. A set of second cards is dealt to the players, cards facing up, and then to the dealer themselves. After this, the players are asked if they would want to be dealt with another card or not by taking a hit or a stand.
- Winning – The payout odds of winning in blackjack online for money differ with the type of win realized. If a player wins by scoring 21, a blackjack, then the payout odds are 3:2, whilst any other win that results in having the highest total which is not 21 will be paid at odds of 1:1.
There will be some slight variations in rules from a real cash online casino to casino when one chooses to play real money blackjack games, and it, therefore, becomes important for players to go through the various set of applicable rules with each casino as this establishes their ultimate requirement.
Step by Step Instructions
To play the game of online real money blackjack, one needs to follow a set of structured steps. These are outlined below:
- Joining the table – The first step is to join the blackjack table, and after then the deal distributes 2 cards to each player all facing up, and 2 cards to themselves, one facing up and the other facing down.
- Deciding to take a stand or a hit – after the first set of cards have been issued, one needs to decide on whether to take a hit or to take a stand based on the ultimate objective of achieving a total of or as close as possible to 21 without getting burst. Taking a hit in online real money blackjack is usually done if the cards on hand have a low total, and receiving a new card would enhance one’s chances of increasing their total to close to 21 without going burst. Meanwhile, when one takes a stand, they would have decided to not receive another card as any further issuing of cards may result in a burst total. It is not recommended to take a hit when totals are 17 and over.
- Establish the hand value – once the card dealing processes have been completed in real money blackjack, one then proceeds to evaluate the value of the cards on their hand. If the total is over 21, they would have been burst and considered to have lost already.
- The dealer reveals their card – The dealer then proceeds to reveal their card which was facing downwards, and their hand total is evaluated.
- Establishing the totals and the winner – after the dealer reveals their cards, the winner is then established by checking the person with the highest totals amongst all players, dealer included. All with a total of over 21 are regarded as having gone burst and automatically lost the game. The winner is regarded as that who would be having a total as close as possible to 21.
A common phenomenon in the circles of real money blackjack is that of card counting and mostly applies to real-life brick and mortar casinos. If done correctly, this enhances one’s advantage and reduces the overall chances of making a loss. This is simply a process of keeping track of the dealt high and low cards and using this information to decide on the next type of bets. Of course, some may want to know if card counting is indeed possible when one wishes to play blackjack online for real money – the answer is it is mostly not possible to perform card counting as the cards are shuffled after each hand. When card counting is applied, the following procedure is recommended:
- Assigning the value of cards – a player should start by assigning cards which can be as +1 for cards 2-6, 0 for cards 7-9 and -1 for cards 10 to Ace.
- Counting – the player should run the count when the dealer pulls out a card from the deck whilst assigning the card values as mentioned earlier.
- Maintaining an accurate count – it is important to maintain an accurate count otherwise the whole exercise of counting would be futile.
- Decision time – After the completion of each round, there is a need to decide on the future staking plan. If the count is negative, then one should increase the size of the bet as there will be more low-value bets in the deck. If the count is positive, one should lower their bet instead as there are more high-value cards.
Some applicable terminology used in real money Blackjack includes, but not limited to the following:
- Double down – this refers to some action taken when one doubles their bet and gets one more card out of the deck if one decides to gamble online on blackjack for real cash.
- Hit – this refers to a process where one takes one more card after the dealing of the first two cards.
- Hole card – This refers to the card belonging to the dealer that is placed facing downwards.
- Insurance– This is a bet that can help you lose less. It’s a side bet which amounts to half of your initial bet that wins double if a dealer gets 21.
- Natural – This refers to a perfect bet consisting of two cards giving a total of 21, and therefore a blackjack.
- Stand -Taking a stand refers to a process in which a player selects not to take any more cards in the card dealing process, and therefore base this decision on the notion that any further card will result, most likely in them going burst.
- Split– This is when one splits two cards of the same value in the same hand to form two new independent bets.
Tips and Strategies to Win
Whilst real money blackjack is naturally a game that has a lower house advantage, and therefore a high RTP than any other casino game, there are some essential tips and strategies that need to be applied if one wants to fully maximize this advantage, and make a profit.
Strategies applicable require one to be cognizant of the values of cards on their hand at all times. Before the strategies may be applied, one must know the value of the cards on hand, and therefore the totals. The key strategies in betting require one to apply them after the first set of cards has been dealt with. The strategies involve the following:
- Splitting pairs – It may occur that after the two sets of cards have been issued when playing blackjack online for real money, one has a pair in their hand. Various scenarios require one to either split or not to split pairs. In case one has a pair of 10s, and 5s, one should never split such pairs regardless of what the dealer has on hand. There is a mix of strategies for the other pairs of cards in consideration of what the dealer has on hand.
- Hit or stand – Taking a hit or a stand requires one to consider what totals they have on hand. These may be broadly classified as either soft or hard totals, examples such as an ace and a 3 as soft totals and a 10 and a 4 which may be regarded as hard totals. The player can make a decision to double up, hit or stand in various scenarios considering the hand of the dealer. For example, if a player has an Ace and a 9, they should take a stand regardless of what the dealer has on hand.
- Late Surrender – If the dealer has revealed their hand cards, and the total is less than 21, one needs to decide on whether to hit or to take a stand. One can hit if they have a pair of 8s, and the dealer has a 17 including an Ace.
The following betting may be applied in conjunction with the above strategies:
- The Martingale betting system – This is when players decide to double their bets if they are losing and is the same method as when applied to other casino games. When a win is realized, the player can return to evens but is a very dangerous betting strategy when on a losing streak as it may easily deplete the whole bankroll.
- The D’alembert system – Using this system, players will raise their bets by one unit each time a loss occurs. Once a win is realized, the bets are lowered by one unit and are generally considered to be the safer of the betting systems.
- The Fibonacci system – This system is based on a mathematical sequence called the Fibonacci sequence. Each number is the sum of the two previous numbers and as the players’ bets progress along the Fibonacci sequence each time they lose. If they win, they stick with the number they were on when they won. The strategy is similar to Martingale but is somewhat less aggressive.
- Other systems – Other systems that may be utilized include the Parlay and Oscar’s grind system.
Meanwhile, the user also needs to apply the following tips which are essential in improving their winning potential in real money blackjack. These include the following:
- Bankroll management – There should be proper management of bankroll, and players should only place bets using only a fraction of their bankroll. Under no circumstances should any user lump their stakes as it may have serious consequences on their bankroll.
- Use a strategy – One should make use of a strategy to increase their chances of making wins.
- Maintaining a cool head – One should also apply a cool head when placing bets on blackjack. Just like any other gambling game, this game requires a significant amount of mental cool-headedness and therefore in the event of massive losses, one should take a break. One should also make use of the cooling-off periods that are allowed for in the casino settings.
Online Blackjack for Real Cash Types
There are various types and variants of blackjack online games that may be used by the punter to maximize on both fun and potential cash earnings. These include the following:
- Blackjack surrender – In this variant of real money blackjack, the basic style of play is like the original version. The difference only happens in the sense that a player has a choice of selecting whether to surrender or hit after the first two sets of cards are dealt. When this option is taken, the player can recover 50% of their stake.
- Blackjack Switch – In this variant of the game, the player can play two hands at a single time, and after the first set of 2 cards for each hand have been issued, they have the option to switch the top card from each hand, and therefore enhance their chances of winning, hence the name switch.
- Live Blackjack – As the name suggests, Live blackjack Ireland involves a live stream from a brick and mortar casino in which one can be able to do live chats interaction with some players and the dealer themselves.
- European Blackjack – In this version of blackjack, there is the use of only two decks of cards, and there is no hole card for the dealer. Important to note is that doubling down is also restricted, only be done if a player has a 9, 10, or 11 in their hand unlike what happens with the American variant.
- Perfect Blackjack – This variant of real money online blackjack allows for the placing of side bets on whether they or the dealer will be, or will not be, dealt with the same bets. If a perfect pair occurs, the payout is an incredible 25:1.
What would be the main advantage of online gambling on blackjack for real money, one may ask? Well, there are several positive reasons which include the following:
- Fun – There is no doubt the game of real money blackjack brings a lot of fun to all punters interested in it. The fund is more enhanced when playing for real money as it allows players a chance to make money whilst enjoying.
- Convenience – When compared to the cousin of brick and mortar casinos, there is a significant amount of convenience realized when playing blackjack for real money online as it allows for players to play at any given time and location of their choice.
- Safety – One doesn’t have to fear the risk of losing their hard-earned winnings should they walk out of a brick and mortar casino after playing blackjack. There is safety when playing real cash blackjack online as winnings can be withdrawn directly into the user’s accounts.
- Bonuses – Real-life brick and mortar casino games do not offer bonuses that one with online real money blackjack. These bonuses, with associated terms, of course, offer players huge opportunities to make significant wins for minimal risks.
- Game choices – Online blackjack for real money comes with many variants of the game which can be selected by the user to maximize their fun and enjoyment. There are also options of even selecting real live action that is beamed directly from brick and mortar casinos across the world.
- Flexible wagering and favourable odds – when compared to brick and mortar casinos, playing real money online blackjack offers incredible chances of placing very flexible bets, starting from low amounts online what would happen in real life casinos. The odds are also better when compared to brick and mortar blackjack.
Real Cash Blackjack FAQ
- ❓ How to Play Online Blackjack for Money?
- The game of playing online blackjack with real money online works under the same rules and principles just as real-life blackjack. The ultimate objective is to have a hand of cards with a total equal or as close as possible to 21 without going burst after the card dealing process. When playing online blackjack for real cash, there are a number of key factors that need to be taken into consideration. The first is the nature of the establishment you intend to play at. In order to make an informed choice, you must ensure that the casino you choose is fully licensed by a reputable body. You must also take a close look at the welcoming bonuses offered since most establishments are not too fond of offering bonuses on blackjack or its variants. Hence finding a casino that offers great blackjack bonuses is always a great idea.
It is always highly advisable to take advantage of strategy tables which are made available at online casino PayPal option sites when you play online bj for real money. Doing so provides handy pointers on the most expedient moves to make during the game. Trying out blackjack’s different variants is also highly recommended since it will ensure you enjoy an enhanced experience of the game and enable you to improve your knowledge of all the various nuances involved. Do your best to avoid the following mistakes which many online players make when playing blackjack for cash.
- ❓ How can one play online blackjack for real money in Ireland?
- Of course, it is very possible to play the beautiful game of online blackjack for real money when they are in Ireland. This is possible using various criteria to select the perfect type of casino that not only provides the game but also has several key features such as wide game choice, security, wide deposit options and is trusted. We at CasinoHex seek to make this process much simpler by providing a list and review of such casinos such as Europa Casino, Jackpot City, Playzee and many others.
- ❓ Are online blackjack games rigged?
- No, online blackjack games for real money are not rigged at all. However, one needs to make sure that they only make use if reputable casinos to ensure that their games are not rigged and safe to play on to reduce the chances of playing on a rigged casino. In Ireland, it is only recommended to make use of the casinos we suggest as these are the most tried and tested to provide the best online blackjack for real money.
- ❓ Can one make money from playing online blackjack online?
- Whilst the objective of playing such games is fun, one may indeed increase their chances of having fun by making use of several strategies and tips that enhance the chances of making money. These strategies may be applied in a standalone fashion, or as a combination with others when playing blackjack online for money. These include proper management of stake, deciding when to hit, to stand, to double up given different card scenarios.
- ❓ Where can I play blackjack online for real money?
- If you are a fan of real online blackjack and intend to play games that involve real cash wagers, you will be able to choose from an impressive selection of Ireland online casinos which not only offer generous welcome bonuses but are also renowned for the quality of their games. The very best are not only licensed by the renowned Gambling Commission but also offer the latest games from software giants in the industry such as Microgaming, Netent, and Playtech. Certain of these establishments boast game collections of up to 1 300 games and `offer amazing bonuses of £1 000 and even more.
- ❓ What to start with when I joined the table?
- Read the table rules since they differ significantly and could be less favorable. Especially check what does the casino pay for a real blackjack and if the payoff is 6-to-5 it will be best to stay away from that online table since you will not win any money there.
- ❓ How to properly size the bets?
- Do not decide about the size of your bet based on the results of the previous hand. This is a doomed strategy that can lead to significant cash losses. Betting a bigger amount simply expose your money to a bigger risk.
- ❓ Is there any room for intuition in blackjack for real money?
- Do not let your gut feeling prevent you from making reliable decisions to secure your cash and use math proven strategies to define the best way to play every hand. Otherwise, it will be impossible for you to achieve a longstanding success in playing online blackjack for money.
- ❓ Will drinking reduce my stress?
- Avoid drinking alcohol before sitting to play blackjack online for cash. Remember that you should be in your best mental shape. Otherwise, you will put your money at risk and will not be able to make the right online decisions to win more cash.
- ❓ What type of bets should I avoid placing?
- Do not take insurance bets. These are simple tricks to fool you out of money. There is no point in such bets since they are at best a proposition to put another bet on whether the dealer has a ten or a picture card in the hole.
- ❓ What if I increase the bet size?
- Do not increase your bets because you have lost money on a couple of previous ones. It is reasonable to increase the bet only when you have counted it out and not when you have a feeling that you are “about to win big cash”.
- ❓ Do I need free practice?
- Before playing for money it is best to test your strategy in a demo mode. In innumerable free blackjack demos on our site, you can easily enhance your online winning skills without losing any cash.
- ❓ What if I’m the lucky one?
- Do not consider yourself one of the MIT Blackjack Team with the best card-counting skills in history otherwise all your money will soon perish.